Author Topic: cronjob stock update missess lots of items  (Read 3447 times)

Offline Beyond2000

• View Profile
cronjob stock update missess lots of items
« on: July 17, 2018, 03:28:15 AM »
Good day
I've done the cronjob of stock updates the past weeks without any problem (or so i thought) I've checked random items everyday. stock levels udpated.
Yestarday we decided to change our stock names to include the size. Surprise today when lots of item's names were not updated. I've checked the txt file (comma deliminated) and saw no imediate problem as ons of the items not updated was the line before one that had been updated.
I deceided to run the update again but this time manualy and not with the cronjob and all the items were updated. I ran it with doing a schedule and went to schedules and clicked on run. It takes 5 minutes like this. When I load it and have the graphic bar showing it takes about 40 minutes???
Any ideas where I must start looking to see any difference in the shecule tat I'm rerunning with a cronjob or the newly created task.
The log files is complaining about picture links from the day I started running Abantecart and I'm ignoring it. I do not see any other error imediately as ther is about 4300 items and it takes a lot of time to scroll all the lines slowly through.

Enjoy your day.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: cronjob stock update missess lots of items
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 04:41:19 AM »
Do you add or renames columns in your CSV file?

Offline Beyond2000

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 05:56:54 AM »
Hi
To make sure of the problem I used the same file the cronjob used. (I wanted to figure out if it is cron orientaded or file) I selected it with a manuel job and it worked better. I'm thinking now. I've read somewhere months ago some or other problem was due to RAM issues that is being allocated or setting in abantecart. With about 4300 lines/items in the comma deliminated txt file it (RAM) surely cannot be a problem?

Enjoy your day

Offline Beyond2000

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 02:40:10 AM »
Hi
I was on leave. This morning i saw some items did not update. I did a rerun of the same task manualy. it update few items and then stopped. it only runs 3 minutes on task run. Again it did not update everythinh. When you do it without scheduling a task it takes about 40 minutes and it updates everything.
why a difference on schduled?

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 09:50:46 PM »
Then you say you ran manually, how did you run? Command line or via browser.
If in the browser, you can not not run process longer than a setting in your web server execution limit time.
You need to run CLI for longer processes.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline Beyond2000

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 06:40:54 AM »
Hi
I did it on the webbrowser. In the log and then shedules. I clicked on the circle to say rerun task.

I think I am starting to get to a potential problem. Is there a way if you add stock to check the SKU number for duplicates. I found an item that was duplicated. Hopefully that was the problem. The updates seems to work correctly after deleting the duplicated item.

Enjoy your day.

Offline Beyond2000

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 02:52:30 AM »
Hi
the task run accordingly to the email 100% but I found some stock did not update again. I went to the menu system- logs- shcedule tasks. I clicked on the task that I run with the cronjob and said restart. It updated the stock
How can this be different?