Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Please help me find reason for inconsistency  (Read 12267 times)

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
Re: Please help me find reason for inconsistency
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2013, 03:00:24 AM »
I am unable to figure out a way to have my subcategories appear correctly. We tested this on numerous computers and systems, everyone had the same result..if a category had a sub-category, the subcategory would show in the middle block but the image would  be cut in half. If the category had a subcategory as well as a general product(s), the subcategory as well as the product(s) would show in the middle block but the subcategory image would be cut in half by the "sort by" bar that shows above the product(s). The product would look fine.
Since I can no longer wait for a solution, I have gone with a different style and simply took away subcategories and made separate blocks for each style of product. This is not the design I want, but it looks better than before. If you find that others have this same issue and find a solution please let me know. Thanks for trying. I have to get online to sell so I can make money to donate :)
To send light into the darkness of men's hearts - such is the duty of the artist.  ~Schumann

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2013, 02:58:49 PM »
hm... did you tried to change image size settings in setting->appearance tab?
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2013, 06:45:51 PM »
yes, all of that was tried. I finally took off the categories block on the home page and made my own blocks with each individual category and sub categories. Then I looked at the site and went to one of the product tabs which still had the old category block and guess what, the old category blocked worked. When I clicked on a parent category, it showed the sub categories just fine...go figure. I have no idea why it changed, but everything is fine now. Thanks again for all of the help.
To send light into the darkness of men's hearts - such is the duty of the artist.  ~Schumann