Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Please help me find reason for inconsistency  (Read 12070 times)

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
Please help me find reason for inconsistency
« on: March 07, 2013, 01:12:38 PM »
I am at my wits end. I am using default template. When I go to different categories on my list, they do not all display correctly. some do, some do not. Here are my screenshots. Why would one show the middle block as large, showing product image and price etc.  and one is not tall enough and cuts my products in half. Everything I can see in the code shows that all pages should be identical in this respect.
To send light into the darkness of men's hearts - such is the duty of the artist.  ~Schumann

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Please help me find reason for inconsistency
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 01:27:24 AM »
Did you have any HTML in your product description? Usually, this is the cause of layout break.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 02:01:57 AM »
no, I don't even have a product description now. I actually deleted the entire category at one point, and removed all the products that were in it and re-added it all(so no description right now, just one image for catalog) just to see if that would fix it. I may have overlooked it, but don't think I had the issue before the upgrade but I could be wrong on that.
To send light into the darkness of men's hearts - such is the duty of the artist.  ~Schumann

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 04:50:44 AM »
Something has been changed in your HTML. I can see new background. Can you post URL to your site?
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 05:02:38 AM »
My site is inthewindcreations.com/AbanteCart

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 05:32:15 AM »
sorry, that was supposed to be inthewindcreations.com/AbanteCart  without the cart on the end.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 10:45:13 AM »
Try to add some product to Keychains or sub category. I think it was never look at, as, this page will contain no information.

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 12:00:17 PM »
When I do that, they look fine when I click on the subcategory. It is still just the screen showing the subcategories that cuts  the product image in half

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 09:45:31 AM »
This could be a small bug in html in case of empty category. But does it make sense to have empty category?

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2013, 10:41:45 AM »
I dont understand. I have a category-Keychains. I have 2 subcategories in that, twisted heart keychains and diamond shaped keychains. I have a picture for the category and pics for the sub categories and products and pics in the subcategories. What are you saying is empty? What do I need? Thanks in advance

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 10:52:43 AM »
okay, I think I see what you mean. I added one of my twisted heart keychains as a product in the main parent category "Keychains" and it was larger and showed the product. But 2 issues- one, it shows the sort by list in between the sub categories and the product I added, and the sort by line cuts off the subcategory titles. and I really just wanted the customer to go to the parent category "keychains" first, then select either twisted heart or diamond shaped. But if I need to do away with the parent category I will.

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2013, 09:55:25 AM »
I honestly think the "sort by" line has something to do with this. when I remove the product from the parent category, it cuts off my sub-category images exactly where the sort by line cuts them off. If I have sub-categories and a product listed in the parent category, the "sort by" line shows above the product and below the sub categories, thus cutting off the sub category images. I just dont understand this. Am I mistaken that I should have a Parent category, that when clicked should be able to show images of sub categories for customers to click on in the middle box or are the sub categories only supposed to show in the category list on the left? I really need this resolved, I cannot advertise my website with the way it looks right now. Thanks, I appreciate your help very much.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2013, 02:17:46 AM »
The way category page works now, it will not show sorting or text, if there is no products found in given category and subcategories in them.

What browser do you use? I tested this on my end I do not see issue in your snapshot

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2013, 03:52:40 AM »
I have a brand new laptop with windows 8 and IE 10

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2013, 04:07:26 AM »
I also see it this way on my old netbook running win 7 IE9