Author Topic: SMTP authentication  (Read 4482 times)

CTGO.co

SMTP authentication
« on: August 09, 2018, 07:16:21 AM »
Hello guys!

Hosting company asked me to contact support team of Abantecart and ask to configure: (Sending email with SMTP authentication) to be processed and to let Abantecart script sending emails. what you suggest guys ???

Thanks

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: SMTP authentication
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 07:36:12 AM »
SMTP configuration is specific to your provider http://forum.abantecart.com/index.php/topic,6825.msg28582.html#msg28582

CTGO.co

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 08:05:45 AM »
then maybe there is something I have to do on website and i didn't done ?? what do you think ??

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 08:23:09 AM »
then maybe there is something I have to do on website and i didn't done ?? what do you think ??

I think you should check your SMTP provider mail configuration. See above post with link
Then enter that info to AbanteCart Mail settings page. Make sure you type it...not copy paste coz you simply can copy space or some other chars.

If do not work after that check the Error log on your server (and another error log in AbanteCart, your servers log is more important)

If that also do not help. Set up Gmail SMTP to just try out is it works at all.

CTGO.co

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 04:07:25 AM »
I think the problem in password because it show me something and saving something different so how to clean the browser cashe information??  I tried to delete cashe of Chrome browser but not fully deleted. What you think??

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2018, 01:09:18 AM »
I think the problem in password because it show me something and saving something different so how to clean the browser cashe information??  I tried to delete cashe of Chrome browser but not fully deleted. What you think??

Hello.
Please go to your mailer provider and regenerate mail password. Please use only latin characters (only UTF8 allowed)

CTGO.co

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2018, 08:17:56 AM »

Hello.
Please go to your mailer provider and regenerate mail password. Please use only latin characters (only UTF8 allowed)

is there any way to check the parameters of login in the source file of the SMTP file in the server and if YES, where is that can be seen ??? i need the path to there please...   Thanks

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2018, 08:25:49 AM »
is there any way to check the parameters of login in the source file of the SMTP file in the server and if YES, where is that can be seen ??? i need the path to there please...   Thanks

It should be here
https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/blob/master/public_html/core/lib/mail.php

CTGO.co

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2018, 08:32:34 AM »

It should be here
https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/blob/master/public_html/core/lib/mail.php

can I write the parameters of the settings manually in mail.php and upload the file again to the server or not??