Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Can't set up email or login to anything  (Read 3062 times)

Offline icrashin2000

• View Profile
Can't set up email or login to anything
« on: August 10, 2018, 08:34:46 PM »
Hi All,

I've just had my website transferred across and it was all working nicely. I set up my email on my phone and have logged in a couple of times and into the back end but for the last two days I've been unable to get in to anything. The email message I get is "the mail server is not responding.Verify you have entered the correct account info in mail settings" on my phone and Outlook on my computer won't take the settings. Also, I can't login to my shop, the progress bar just hangs then says it can't find the server so now I'm unable to do anything like add items, update photos etc. and I'm completely stumped. I'm not tech so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Offline maxter

• View Profile
Re: Can't set up email or login to anything
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 08:39:06 PM »
You need to locate file .../system/logs/error.txt via hosting control panel or FTP.
See what errors you get there.

If you did not change any files or codes you can contact hosting to check this issue for you.

Offline icrashin2000

• View Profile
Re: Can't set up email or login to anything
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 08:25:27 PM »
Hi All,

Many thanks for the assistance, all sorted now. Apparently it was due to the fact that I was trying to set up my emails on multiple devices i.e. phone/tablet/pc all in the same day.

Regards.