Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Different prices for different Customer Groups?  (Read 5069 times)

Offline firenite

• View Profile
Different prices for different Customer Groups?
« on: August 11, 2018, 01:09:40 PM »
Hello,

I’m currently experimenting with AbanteCart and setting it up for my soon-to-be-live small online business. I’ve noticed it has a wealth of amazing features and must commend the development team for such a well-designed interface.

With regards to Customer Groups, I do have one question (or suggestion). I’ve noticed that you can create different Customer Groups, but sadly only for tax purposes. My sole desire for creating multiple Customer Groups is to display different prices to one group as opposed to another (such as ‘Customers’, ‘Staff’, etc.)

An example:
I’d like to have one group of ‘General Customers’ (the default status given to all new customers that register on the site), and another group of ‘VIP Customers’, of which start off by registering as ‘General Customers’ but are then manually moved to the ‘VIP Customers’ group by an administrator.

‘General Customers’ see full priced products as are advertised before they login - for example £19.99
‘VIP Customers’ see full-priced products minus a 10% discount (already applied on each product) - for example £17.99 (which is £19.99 - 10%)

I think it would be a very useful feature in a future version (if it doesn’t already exist and I’ve just not figured out how to do it yet!) and would save the massive hassle of having to operate two separate stores and deal with the upkeep of each one.

Thanks in advance for those who take the time to read and comment!

Offline yonghan79

• View Profile
Re: Different prices for different Customer Groups?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 08:23:39 PM »
Hi, first of all welcome aboard. Perhaps you can make a multi store to serve different group of customers, or create a coupon for them.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 10:11:43 PM by yonghan79 »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Different prices for different Customer Groups?
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 03:56:07 AM »
Hello.

You can set a "Special" price different for each customer groups as well as quantity discounts https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/5275730/Products+Specials