Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: How to use Handling Fee in the extension Order total?  (Read 7305 times)

Offline smallfish

• View Profile
How to use Handling Fee in the extension Order total?
« on: March 10, 2013, 08:52:33 PM »
How to use Handling Fee in the extension Order total?
I have tried to activate it with difference tries. But I can't see any result at front store checking out page.

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
Re: How to use Handling Fee in the extension Order total?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 07:28:17 AM »
it's sql data bug.
change "key" for it in table "extensions" from "handling_ fee" to "handling"
or run sql

Code: [Select]
UPDATE `YOUR_DB_PREFIXextensions` SET `key`='handling' where `key`='handling_fee'
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline smallfish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 04:15:04 PM »
Hello

It works now. But it seems that the handling fee is depended on Order total only. The "Type" option is useless. I have tried by selecting all of them. The output is the same.

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 12:08:29 AM »
No. Handling fee is depended on Order sub-total. If you set for ex. $20 "order total" that's mean fee will apply for all orders that have sub-total less than $20.
Field Type is not useless.
You can look into table order_totals and you'll find it there. Also you can to see it in order details. We added this sign ( type ) for recognizing types of totals for future flexible statistics ...or something more
― Charles Dickens

Offline smallfish

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 02:43:25 AM »
No. Handling fee is depended on Order sub-total. If you set for ex. $20 "order total" that's mean fee will apply for all orders that have sub-total less than $20.
Field Type is not useless.
You can look into table order_totals and you'll find it there. Also you can to see it in order details. We added this sign ( type ) for recognizing types of totals for future flexible statistics ...or something more

I mean that I have chosen any type of the handling fee. It will also apply the handling fee to the order. In my opinion, type "Fee" should be applied to shipping or payment handling fee, type "sub-total" should be applied to sub-total, type "total" should be applied to order final total amount, type "discount" should be applied to sub-total and a discount should be given but it doesn't work. all the orther types are the same result.
You should better add a description to explain the purpose of each "type" in the extension.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 02:45:22 AM by smallfish »

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 05:24:20 AM »

I mean that I have chosen any type of the handling fee. It will also apply the handling fee to the order. In my opinion, type "Fee" should be applied to shipping or payment handling fee, type "sub-total" should be applied to sub-total, type "total" should be applied to order final total amount, type "discount" should be applied to sub-total and a discount should be given but it doesn't work. all the orther types are the same result.
You should better add a description to explain the purpose of each "type" in the extension.

Thank you.
NO. Type does not mean that fee amount must be applied to something.
AbanteCart works with total by approach "one "total" - 1 row in order summary".
I think detailed information better for this. at least clear...
― Charles Dickens

Offline smallfish

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 05:58:34 AM »

Thank you.
NO. Type does not mean that fee amount must be applied to something.
AbanteCart works with total by approach "one "total" - 1 row in order summary".
I think detailed information better for this. at least clear...

But it is confusing... at least the "discount" is not a handling fee.