Author Topic: Need An Eloboration  (Read 5089 times)

Offline Prince Of Dhump

• View Profile
    • Prince Of Dhump
Need An Eloboration
« on: May 22, 2014, 03:46:19 PM »
i need some explanation on this please.. i want to set up another store to my sub domain.. examples would be so help ful.. also another additional thing to this.. if u can reply please do it or else i will open another topic for it..
i want to redirect my country traffic directly to this store means the store on sub domain for example i am in PAKISTAN and i want my Pakistani traffic to be redirected to a store on which i am setteled the only Pakistani Currency with to much discount as per shipping and all other things... what should i do in this case..

Anyway a lot of beginners have issues here because:
• Due to DNS propagation, the subdomain can take up to 24 hours and more to start working

• make sure to link the subdomain to the path where the default store was installed to

• make sure there is no redirection setup for new subdomain/domain

• usually user may need to clear browser cache and DNS cache on local computer to resolve new or reconfigured domains/subdomains

• also possible some settings in .htacess file or file permissions issue prevent correct work

Please contact with your hosting service provider to make sure your domain/subdomain configured correctly
[/size]

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Need An Eloboration
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 01:28:40 AM »
Hello.
Do You want 2 separate stores or one multistore (2 storefront and one common admin front)?

For multistore you need correctly setup subdomain in your domain/hosting panel. Ask you hosting provider to help you create subdomain which one linked to the path where the default store was installed to (by default auto-generated path is linked to some  new folder).

Here is example how to set up multistore and configure subdomain at cpanel with screenshots

Offline Prince Of Dhump

• View Profile
    • Prince Of Dhump
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 12:30:08 PM »
Done about linking.. thanks for it.. now second part of my question...??

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 01:24:19 AM »
Done about linking.. thanks for it.. now second part of my question...??

Hello. Redirection by country is not AbanteCart related but you can modify cart files or use any other way try to google this.