Author Topic: Shipping bug at checkout page and 0 weight.  (Read 8221 times)

Offline smallfish

• View Profile
Shipping bug at checkout page and 0 weight.
« on: March 11, 2013, 11:06:40 PM »
I find that if I select another shipping address (2nd shipping address with only Flat Shipping rate enable for the country) at checkout page, the shipping methods for my first shipping address will disappear even I choose back the first address. For the 2nd shipping address, there is no shipping methods for me to choose and it will choose "Flat Shipping Rate" automatically only.

Besides, the weight also shows as 0. I have choose kg as the weight class and already input a weight in the product details.

It seems that it is a bug. Hope that abantecart can solve and fix it as soon as possible.
Thank you!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Shipping bug at checkout page and 0 weight.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 11:51:40 PM »
Hello.

What is the version of your AbanteCart? I did not see this bug in AbanteCart 1.1.4
Can you please post url?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 03:16:40 AM »
I am using the latest version 1.1.4. The URL has sent to you personally.
Thank you!

Hi. I can not see problem you are talking about. Flat shipping visible for 2 addresses.
We need more details (how to replicate issue) about all settings Flat shipping setting/ Country/ addresses/ product shipping settings etc...

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 09:05:38 PM »
I see that you have created "Max Payne". I reset your 1st address to Hong Kong, 2nd address to USA.

1. at checkout page (1st screen - delivery information, I choose Flat Shipping Rate, then press "continue" button).
2. at 2nd screen (payment information, I press "Change address", choose USA address (another address) and press continue).
3. Now the screen still keeping at (2nd screen, payment information). Here is the problem. I have changed the address from Hong Kong to USA.
In fact, the screen should return to shipping information page, but it doesn't jump back to shipping information screen.
Abantecart keep using the shipping method for Hong Kong only even I have changed the address to USA. The "order summary" sidebox also show that the shipping destination is Hong Kong. (incorrect).
Thank You for very detailed report. This is NOT a bug. At shipping (say Delivery Information stage) You able to select Address for Shipping Only, next at the payment (say Payment Information stage) You able to select another address for Payment Only. So User able to use different addreses for shipping and payment.
For example You located in USA but want to buy and ship something for friend in Hong Kong. Also at the Confirm Order page You can see both addresses and both Persons (see attached screenshot). If you need another way  - you need to modify AbanteCart core.

See below picture, the weight is 0.00kg, it is incorrect. Abantecart doesn't calculate it correctly. I also showed 0.01kg (the actual weight should be more thatn 4kg) before

I see in Shopping cat page (index.php?rt=checkout/cart) Shopping Cart  (0.00kg)  thats why you have Hong Kong (Weight: 0.00kg). What weight You setup in the your product (Admin-Catalog-Products find product and click edit)? Did You set up here 4 kg?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 02:06:56 AM »
Hi

Is is a bug. Because the system don't update the address instantly. I choose "Flat Shipping<---I set it for Hong Kong only." for 1st Hong Kong address and go through to the payment information page. Then change the shipping address to USA, but abantecart still shows "Flat Shipping" and Flat Shipping is for Hong Kong only. I have setup a weight base shipping for USA. But abantecart don't assign "weight base shipping" to the new address. In fact, it doesn't refresh the data with new selected address. Could you please check it again.
------------------------------------
Just checked your url again. See screenshot attached
Once selected Hong Kong Address shipping is Hong Kong (0 kg), then I click Change address button and change addres to USA next the shipping appear for me as United States. Also, one more time - on Payment page You able select Only Payment Address (not shipping!)

For the weight, I am sure that I have input 0.8kg for 1 item, 1kg for 2nd item and 0.8kg for 3rd item. The total weight should over 4kg.
But abantecart don't sum the weight.
Please check it again.
Thank you!
I have tested the weight again, I have updated the weight to 2.6kg for each product by SQL command directly.
But the weight at checkout page still show 0.00kg or 0.01kg. Please check this bug.
For the "change address" and shipping method at payment page, it is also a bug, becuase abantecart doesn't refresh the data instantly and it still keep using the shipping method which is not available for the new address. (please look at the order summary sidebox, then you will understand what's happened.)

For the weight. Do not use SQL for now. Go to admin and check that your product have weight 4.00 and !! weight class is Kilogramm. It works ok on my admin AbanteCart 1.1.4 and show Shopping Cart  (4.00kg)

Thanks

Offline smallfish

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 02:56:24 AM »
Oh! Sorry!  I realize it now. I always think that it is changing the shipping address. I don't notice that it is "payment address". For me, it is a little bit confusing... If abantecart has 1 page checkout, then it should be better. (or just modify the button to "change payment address").

But the weight still has problem. Abantecart doesn't sum the total weight.

Offline smallfish

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 11:05:18 PM »
Sorry! I find out my problem right now. My "product_option_values" weight unit is inconsistency with the "products".
So that the system can't calculate the weight correctly.
There is no bug.