Author Topic: "This site cannot be reached" when trying to edit banner  (Read 5596 times)

Offline Heemet

• View Profile
"This site cannot be reached" when trying to edit banner
« on: June 26, 2018, 12:14:18 AM »
Hello,

When clicking on "edit" for an existing text banner in the admin site, I get the following error message in my browser:

"This site can’t be reached
The webpage at [site address]/index.php?rt=extension/banner_manager/edit&banner_id=8&s=[admin]&token=[toke] might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
ERR_FAILED"

The existing banner appears on my site, but I cannot access it through the admin site.  Is something happening between the admin site and the SQL database?  What should I look for?  There is nothing in the error log.

FYI, I can enable and disable the existing banner, and I can see the "status" field change from "0" to "1" and back again in the "banners" table in the SQL database in CPanel, so I know the admin site is able to communicate with the SQL database.  I just can't edit any of the banners.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: "This site cannot be reached" when trying to edit banner
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 02:31:35 AM »
Hello.

1. Please check AbanteCart error log
2. if nothing related found should be record in your server error log (ask your hosting support )
3. It is also possible that incorrectly configured mod_secure module on your server simply block this request ( ask your hosting support to change module rules) https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/3604484/Mod+security+403+406+error

Offline Heemet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 12:00:00 AM »
Thanks for your suggestions.  I was able to disable ModSecurity, but that didn't help.  There is nothing in the AbanteCart error log.  I'm checking with hosting support.  I will revert with my findings.

Offline Heemet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 10:06:33 PM »
My hosting service suggested that I try to login to the admin site in incognito mode to edit the banners.  I did that, and I was able to modify the banners.

So, I cleared cookies, and sure enough, the problem went away.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 01:12:34 AM »
My hosting service suggested that I try to login to the admin site in incognito mode to edit the banners.  I did that, and I was able to modify the banners.

So, I cleared cookies, and sure enough, the problem went away.

Thanks for solution

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.