Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Product Price if 4 Digit, Automatically after Certain time moves to 1 Digit  (Read 15008 times)

Offline James

• View Profile
Dear All,

As we are running tests, on d cart we noticed this yesterday and today as well. we have added an additional currency INR. and that is the default currency and all other currencies have been disabled.

When a product is added with a price of "6000" after few hours Not sure how many hours, when we check the price of that product turns to "6" ...

Any advice how we can troubleshoot this?

Also when will 0.9.2 version be released?

After seeing and using this cart system, we have been wondering if a more stable version would be out soon, as we would like to go live with our project soon :) ... any info would be most welcome ;-)

Regards,
Jmz
echo $james;

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Price can not change on it is own, unless someone else changes it. I you sure that this was not changed by some other person?
Can you please confirm this still happen?

New release will be ready in 1-2 weeks

As for stable production release (v1.0) we target end of Jan 2012. 
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline James

• View Profile
Thanks for the information on the releases :) will be eagerly waiting for v1.0.

As for the issue related to price, This issue is happening on my personal System, I have it setup. And since i noticed it, i took one screenshot, now just waiting for few hours..and checking often to see if replicates. again .. Bcuz i noticed it happen ones, and i thought it was a error from my side. and have restricted access to myself only!

Will update this post soon, am trying to replicate some events which i carried out on the webserver. since the last time i noticed it.

Thanks for the quick response Abantecart :)
echo $james;

Offline James

• View Profile
Also if i my add,

Not 100% sure, but a thought.. You guys r d expert Please do correct me if am wrong..

When a product is added or modified, if the price defined is lesser than the defined cost, it should show an error?
echo $james;

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I believe that cost is used internally for reporting. There is no special in validating that the price is less of greater. It will just create negative report.

In addition, there is nothing wrong with selling products at loss. This is common in some cases to attract customers to buy other things.
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline elpas0

• View Profile
There is no validation of cost and price. Possible you are right. But what if i had 1000 items and sell 990. left 10 items and i just want to sell them at any price. i think in this case you can set the price lower than cost

Offline James

• View Profile
There is no validation of cost and price. Possible you are right. But what if i had 1000 items and sell 990. left 10 items and i just want to sell them at any price. i think in this case you can set the price lower than cost

Very True elpas0, I never thought from that point of view  ;D
echo $james;

Offline James

• View Profile
Price can not change on it is own, unless someone else changes it. I you sure that this was not changed by some other person?
Can you please confirm this still happen?

New release will be ready in 1-2 weeks

As for stable production release (v1.0) we target end of Jan 2012.

I was earlier runing it on XAMPP and or WAMPP
Now i have it on a pure unix distribution. the store setup.

I just faced the same problem again, here is how it happened.

1. I added a product (cost : xxxxx.xx    price : xxxxx.xx)  (applied tax class of 5%)
2. When the cursor is taken out of the cost and price text box it automatically sets itself this way ( xx xxx.xx) notice the space.

3. I saved the product, added images, all set.. and its working fine.
4. I Edited the product, the price and cost were displayed in this format (xx,xxx.xx) i edited the cost (by reducing the price by 3k.
5. I saved it, and refreshed the product on the store front. now the price both on store front and in admin catalog is (xx.xx) and so is the cost (xx.xx)

;-)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 03:01:55 AM by James »
echo $james;

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I tried to replicate this many times on our 0.9.2 version that is due to release later this week or next week. I did not find that issue.
I only see that space instead of comma, but that is just a display issue after autosave.

We will be checking more on this and hope this is resolved in new release.

Thanks.