Author Topic: Backup Error  (Read 4946 times)

Offline gcs123

• View Profile
Backup Error
« on: March 14, 2013, 03:34:30 PM »
Hi,

i encounter the following error while trying to do a backup.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'AException' with message 'Error: MySQL server has gone away<br />Error No: 2006<br />SELECT * FROM `ab_language_definitions` WHERE language_id = '1' AND section =1 AND block='error_ajaxerror'' in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/AbanteCart/core/database/mysql.php:86 Stack trace: #0 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/AbanteCart/core/lib/db.php(63): MySQL->query('SELECT * FROM `...', false) #1 [internal function]: ADB->_query('SELECT * FROM `...', false) #2 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/AbanteCart/core/engine/extensions.php(799): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #3 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/AbanteCart/core/engine/extensions.php(757): ExtensionsApi->__ExtensionsApiCall('_query', Array) #4 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/AbanteCart/core/lib/db.php(43): ExtensionsApi->__call('hk_query', Array) #5 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/AbanteCart/core/lib/db.php(43): ExtensionsApi->hk_query(Object(ADB), 'SELECT * FROM `...', false) #6 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/AbanteCart/core/engine/language.php(523): ADB-> in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/AbanteCart/core/database/mysql.php on line 86

Can someone help me with this error?

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Backup Error
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 03:26:01 AM »
Two  common reasons and solutions for this error "MySQL server has gone away Error No: 2006"

1. Mysql timed out and closed the connection.
Solution: Check wait_timeout setting in /etc/mysql/my.cnf configuration file is large enough. Try to set wait_timeout with larger value. After change restart mysql with sudo /etc/init.d/mysql restart.

2.  Server drop large packet. If mysql gets a packet that is too large or incorrect, it assumes that something has gone wrong with the client and closes the connection. You can increase the maximal packet size limit by increasing the value of max_allowed_packet in /etc/mysql/my.cnf.
After change restart mysql with sudo /etc/init.d/mysql restart.

If you do not have root privileges, check with your hosting company
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help