Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Stock and Cost update  (Read 2779 times)

Offline ashtonm

• View Profile
Stock and Cost update
« on: November 03, 2018, 10:48:05 PM »
Hi All,

I have been testing out AbanteCart after trying quite a few of the other carts and so far this one is much better than the others.

One thing I need help with so far. I receive a csv file with 3 columns in it - "SKU | Stock Level | Cost"
I have been playing about with the data import wizard which I find brilliant but the only thing I can't get it to do is update these fields only.
When I try the import/update, I get an error saying it has to have a description. when I create this column in the data file but leave it blank, it wipes out the product description. It also does not update the Quantity field. It does however update the Cost price.
Is there a way of doing this or do I use a SQL statement and update the product table that way?

Looking for an easy and quick way of doing this.

Thanks

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Stock and Cost update
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 03:29:05 AM »
Name is required for import wizard because if no SKU found wizard will be forced to create a new product which is not possible without name.
Price and quantity works fine on my side, please make sure you set valid meanings like on screenshot

Offline ashtonm

• View Profile
Re: Stock and Cost update
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 03:46:14 AM »
Thank you for your reply Basara.

I will try it again.
Cheers