Author Topic: Image upload errors  (Read 4029 times)

Offline javelin

• View Profile
Image upload errors
« on: October 30, 2018, 12:00:33 AM »
I am so close to trashing abantecart....

I have had to work through errors at every step of the process getting this thing set up and now I am coming to image issues.... really this shouldnt be that hard to do.

When I go to list a new product I try to add images and its really a 50/50 shot of the image uploading or not.  When it decides to not upload i get this with no error for it that I can find in the system anywhere.  Is there a solution to this? 

I understand there there is a lot of needed customization to any given server or hosting solution.  Yet this still should not be this complicated.  I have needed to go back and forth with my hosting service on past issues now for nearly 2 weeks.  Please tell me there is a simple solution to uploading an image.  Before you ask for an error message other than the images I have posted you would have to tell me where to find them.  I do not see errors within the system error log.  The image is all I have.  The only errors that are there are email related which is another matter I worked out with an SSL issue.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Image upload errors
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 02:08:46 AM »
How can upload issue be related to AbanteCart? If you server or internet provider cant handle image upload?
Before answer check the next:
1. How large your images in pixels. If your server is limited in RAM it simply cant resize it (server...not AbanteCart).
2. How large image file in MB?
3. What is image format .jpg .jpEg .png .svg or any other?
4. Check is same image upload file every time? If same image sometimes uploaded sometimes no it is more likely issue with Internet connection (server receive corrupted file).

Offline javelin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 08:23:12 AM »
I went back and took your advice on some of the image size parameters.  Yet it is Abantecart and not my server, hosting, nor Internet connection.  The issue was the scale of the image not the size as in Mb or Kb.  I had uploaded larger files in memory size with no issue.  Yet despite these other images going up with smaller memory size the scaled size just tipped over what AbanteCart could handle apparently.  Such a simple issue such as the image scale I overlooked.  I am working with art which when people see you want them to see as much detail as possible.  So if I continue down this path I will have to standardize to this limit which would work.

As for my hosting service I have loaded massive files never with an issue.  My work depends heavily on the graphic visuals in what people can see.  I have programmed not only my site, but also machinery to interface with software via linux to be able to carry an accuracy to within .003 of an inch physical output.  So Im not someone whos unfamiliar with many different kinds of issues.  The more complicated stuff people normally ask questions to were not that big of a deal interfacing with my hosting and so forth.  This one made me scratch my head.

Is there documentation as to the file parameters that the database can handle on any given file such as size in memory and also scale of various types?  Videos included, or even the file size of pdfs?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 08:31:53 AM »
The issue was the scale of the image not the size as in Mb or Kb.

Can you please explain what do you mean? Are you refer to image resize?

Offline javelin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 08:42:25 AM »
The issue was the scale of the image not the size as in Mb or Kb.

Can you please explain what do you mean? Are you refer to image resize?

Yes you can call it a resized image.  Thats what I am calling scale.

I am not near my other system to give exact details yet.. For example the images I had no problems uploading were larger files in Mb (around the 5 Mb to 6 Mb range) but were close to 2000 pixels.  The images that I could not load were actually smaller in file size being between 2 to 3 Mb in memory but were somewhere over 3000 pixels.

Once I scaled the image down in pixels it uploaded with no problem.  I would assume there is a limit in the database as to an image scale which would make sense that there would be one.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2018, 08:50:14 AM »
So when AbanteCart call to your server (actually PHP) to resize image - then your server allocate a memory (RAM) pixel by pixel. The more image size in pixels the more server's memory and server's CPU are used to resize image.

Most of shared hostings are very limited in RAM as well as CPU processes in one time.

try to google
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45183438/why-is-php-memory-exhausted-error-inconsistent-on-image-resize
http://www.dotsamazing.com/en/labs/phpmemorylimit

And do not forget that not only image resize eat memory....AbanteCart or any other software installed use it as well as any site visitor