Author Topic: Moving Hosting Companies - BACKUP/RESTORE?  (Read 2515 times)

Offline hislordship

• View Profile
Moving Hosting Companies - BACKUP/RESTORE?
« on: November 24, 2018, 08:07:49 AM »
Hello

As per the subject, I am moving hosting companies for many reasons.
Anyway, I have read http://forum.abantecart.com/index.php/topic,426.0.html for help, but it isn't very comprehensive.

I'm pretty PC savvy but just need some guidelines.

1. I can't do a backup within Abantecart - all 3 steps fail
2. I can't do a backup from CPanel as the existing host doesn't have that option.

I have exported my database

I have made FTP file download of the existing installation.
I have a backup from Softaculous of the whole installation as a .tar.gz file

New installation done on the new host but I notice they are one version ahead of my existing one, i.e. the latest version.
Used Softaculous as with the existing host using same database name (well, it was tamsco_aban619 and it is now tjncoza_aban619 because the host changed that).
Does that make a difference?
Demo products, order and customers deleted but no edits to countries, taxes etc yet.

Now how should I proceed from this point?

All advice greatly appreciated!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Hosting Companies - BACKUP/RESTORE?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 08:27:23 PM »
1. I can't do a backup within Abantecart - all 3 steps fail
2. I can't do a backup from CPanel as the existing host doesn't have that option.

You can always backup database in cPanel and of course copy AbanteCart files. In your cPanel go to filemanager, locate directory where AbanteCart installed and simply archive (zip) it.

Also it is more likely native AbanteCart backup is fail due to compress backup step fail (low memory etc) but you have to check /admin/system/backup directory - uncompressed backups should be there

https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/22511620/Changing+Domain+Name#ChangingDomainName-Movetoanotherhosting