Author Topic: How to calculate tax for different provinces/states of a country?  (Read 2928 times)

Offline ahmads

• View Profile
Hi,

I need your expert opinion how to setup tax for a product for different provinces/states of a country. For example, in Canada, each province has its own percentage of tax. I have created tax class for each province with its own tax rate but how to apply it with products. I want to apply applicable tax class when customer selects his address. I have seen that I can apply a tax class for a product but in that case, tax is not applied for other provinces for that particular product. Do I need to create a product for each province and apply applicable tax class to those products? Or do you suggest a better way?

Thanks

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: How to calculate tax for different provinces/states of a country?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 09:38:53 PM »
Welcome to AbanteCart Ahmads,

You can set up one tax class per product. Under this tax class, you create tax rate for any location (Province) you ship product to.
After you assign this tax class to the product, the right tax rate will be picked based on customers shipping address.

FYI, if you have make provinces that you need to deal with, I suggest to check Avatax service. This might reduce your headache with tax dealing:
http://marketplace.abantecart.com/avatax_integration

Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline ahmads

• View Profile
Re: How to calculate tax for different provinces/states of a country?
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 01:01:48 PM »
Thank you. It worked for me. Thanks