Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: How to create a menu link for XML feed  (Read 5386 times)

Offline sunnykasera3107

• View Profile
How to create a menu link for XML feed
« on: January 14, 2019, 01:30:08 AM »
I am new to Abantecart. And I am trying to create a menu link for XML feed of orders for some of my other system link ship station, QuickBooks etc.
Could anyone tell me how to create a page for that? Or Is there any documentation available for that?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How to create a menu link for XML feed
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 02:13:13 AM »

Offline sunnykasera3107

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 04:08:23 AM »
Hi Basara,

Thank You for helping me on this post. I already saw that documentation. But it is hard for me to guess how to create a custom XML feed page.
For order feed.
First of all, I am looking for a way to create a path and want that path to call a controller then it will be an easy process for me to create the desired output.

Offline sunnykasera3107

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 10:59:02 AM »
Hi,

I update my question. I want an XML output of orders. Which hook should I implement in core/file_name.php ?
I saw some other extensions but those are using something like onControllerPageCheckoutCart_updateData(). Which one should I use?

Thank You

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 05:07:14 AM »
Hi,

I update my question. I want an XML output of orders. Which hook should I implement in core/file_name.php ?
I saw some other extensions but those are using something like onControllerPageCheckoutCart_updateData(). Which one should I use?

Thank You

Hi.
Fisrt of all you should to create your new controller that will output xml. Then create new menu item and set link as url of it.
What side menu do you mean? Admin of storefront?
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline maxter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 07:02:23 AM »
I am new to Abantecart. And I am trying to create a menu link for XML feed of orders for some of my other system link ship station, QuickBooks etc.
Could anyone tell me how to create a page for that? Or Is there any documentation available for that?

Orders export to XML is not available yet. This feature needs to be developed.
Unfortunately, there is no documentation how to program the page. Are you able to develop with PHP? If yes, I can provide some tips.

Offline sunnykasera3107

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2019, 12:59:42 PM »

Orders export to XML is not available yet. This feature needs to be developed.
Unfortunately, there is no documentation how to program the page. Are you able to develop with PHP? If yes, I can provide some tips.

I am able to develop PHP. I also developed the controller there.
But I do not know how to call that controller or how to call a member function of that controller using a specific URL.
I do not want to set that URL in any menu item or in any menu link. But I just want to create a URL which I can put in the browser and I can get my desired output.
So let's say I have the controller and member function there called "getMyXML()" then How can I call it using URL?
Should I do some route settings or something?

Also, I have used dev tool to generate extension. It generated one. I have enabled it and added a controller with method.
But when I call it so it always says 404.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 01:08:05 PM by sunnykasera3107 »

Offline sunnykasera3107

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2019, 07:13:00 AM »
Guys, Everything working for me now. I did everything there and also enabled the extension. But there is one option of On/Off I have not ticked that. I do not know why that option there. Usually, in other systems, we have two processes to have a working extension. First, we install it (Mean put our code in extension dir). Second, we enable it. But Abantecart has third step of status On/Off. Little confusing but at last all set there.

Abantecart has very good features. Just documentation for development needs to be updated. And all set there.

Thank you for helping with this. :)

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2019, 09:48:42 AM »
Guys, Everything working for me now. I did everything there and also enabled the extension. But there is one option of On/Off I have not ticked that. I do not know why that option there. Usually, in other systems, we have two processes to have a working extension. First, we install it (Mean put our code in extension dir). Second, we enable it. But Abantecart has third step of status On/Off. Little confusing but at last all set there.

Abantecart has very good features. Just documentation for development needs to be updated. And all set there.

On/Off is in fact enabling and disabling extension. 
In AbanteCart extension can be in following states:

1. loaded into extension folder (not in fact installed)
2. Installed (SQL migration loaded  )
3. On/Off (Enabled/Disabled)

Hope this clarifies any confusion.

Regarding technical documentation, we are working toward improving this in near future. Help is greatly appreciated.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 09:51:18 AM by abantecart »
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help