Author Topic: Best Sellers  (Read 4271 times)

Offline Cathus

• View Profile
Best Sellers
« on: December 06, 2019, 03:11:12 PM »
My best sellers hasn't changed for months and I know the items listed are not the best selling items.

Is there anything I can do to make the Best Seller list update?

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Best Sellers
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 05:08:58 PM »
I am confused by your comment that your best sellers are not your best selling items.  If that is a true statement based on actual tally of an item and it isn't in your best sellers block,  then you have some issue with the block, or re-designed coding or??  The block uses the number of sales to populate the block. 

You might try clearing your cache?  Are you running a CDN?  Possible you might have a cache that isn't clearing. 

Why not turn off that block? - if it's not doing anything positive for you,  not showing it might be the best option.

Look at updating your banner block to push items, of add freshness to your site  -  or the main page promo -  with offers.

Offline HADY

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 03:07:50 AM »
My best sellers hasn't changed for months and I know the items listed are not the best selling items.

Is there anything I can do to make the Best Seller list update?

Hello!
The reason behind this, because the new sales will be in the bottom of your website interfase in the Best seller block, you need to go to Settings >General and change the Number of Items In Best Seller Block and refresh your website then you will see the new salles. Now, as a suggestion in the next upgrade version, the new salles should be appearing in the top of best seller block.

Regards
HADI
Thank you In Advanced
Regards
HADY

Offline Cathus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 08:45:13 AM »
I am confused by your comment that your best sellers are not your best selling items.

It's not putting the best sellers at the top of the block, so the actual best sellers are hidden as there are only 4 showing. If I increase the amount of best sellers visible, then my best selling items appear in some random order in the block further down from the top.

Actually, checking the reports/sales the site isn't showing anywhere near the correct amount of sales.  The highest seller is only showing as 8 sales with most items showing as under 3 and I know I've sold much more of each item, but that's probably a different issue.

I've actually turned it off, as you suggest, it probably isn't doing anything for me.

Offline Cathus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 08:46:23 AM »
Hello!
The reason behind this, because the new sales will be in the bottom of your website interfase in the Best seller block, you need to go to Settings >General and change the Number of Items In Best Seller Block and refresh your website then you will see the new salles. Now, as a suggestion in the next upgrade version, the new salles should be appearing in the top of best seller block.

Regards
HADI

Tank you,
I think you're right. If I increase the amount visible it does show many more items but they are not in the order of sales.
I've turned the block off.

Thanks for your help.