Author Topic: Filter by Global Attribute  (Read 3540 times)

Offline Captain Hi-Top

• View Profile
Filter by Global Attribute
« on: January 22, 2019, 03:18:31 PM »
Hi, I am just wondering if its possible to filter products via global attributes or if I need to create categories for each option.  thanks

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Filter by Global Attribute
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 07:43:34 PM »
Can you explain what are you trying to do? Where do you need to filter products (admin/storefront/page)? Are you looking for the filter in UI or you need PHP help?
What do you mean by categories for options?

Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 11:41:09 PM »
Hello,  as I believe you are new to AbanteCart -  have you looked in to using tags?  The default search uses tags very effectively.

Offline Captain Hi-Top

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 04:20:50 PM »
Thanks to both for the reply, I have used tags previously but I dont find that they filter quite as well, tags are more of a click 1 link instead of filtering a number of atributes that are required.

If I have a selection of products that have different weights & colours (this is just an example), and the top category is bags of sweets... when clicked on the top category would display all the bags of sweerts on the website, but, imagine for a moment that someone wanted a particular colour and weight of sweets and only wanted to see them... how do I filter these attributes down?  I thought about using categories but this becomes messy really quick.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 01:47:04 AM »
Hello.
Check this 3rd party extensions. It is not exactly what you ask but can be some sort of solution
https://marketplace.abantecart.com/product-features-or-attributes
https://marketplace.abantecart.com/smart-product-search-and-result-filtering

Ask original developers at marketplace if you have questions about these extensions

Offline Captain Hi-Top

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 06:25:05 AM »
Thanks for showing me that but its not quite right, its a pity as the attributes are ideal for filtering of any product without the need for additional extensions.  I will have a think about using categories or tags going forward but filtering through attributes would really boost the functionality and usability of AbanteCart.

thanks guys