Author Topic: Download activation  (Read 3832 times)

Offline user88

• View Profile
    • Visit my website
Download activation
« on: January 30, 2019, 05:26:23 PM »
Hi again,

Still very happy with the cart, just another thing I realized. This time with downloads.

I have downloads set to activate when the order status is 'processing' which is my default order status for the store.

Now, I decided that whenever a customer would download the file, I would manually change the order status to complete. Unfortunately this created a problem. After the manual change, the order status 'complete' doesn't match the download requirement 'processing' and this deactivates the download for a customer.

At first I didn't understand the warning message I was getting from this change of order status.  The warning message would appear in the order summary under the downloaded files tab.

Eventually I recognized the problem and changed the order status back to 'processing' and this solved the problem.

Why is this a problem?

1. If customer downloads file and I change the order status to 'complete', he can't go back and make another download even if I allow several downloads of a file.
2. If I need to push an updated version of the file to the customer after I change the order status to 'complete', this file cannot be downloaded by customer

My suggestion for future carts would be:

1. would it be desirable to allow for several selections to be made under the downloads setting so that users can activate a download when order status is 'processing' and / or 'complete' and / or ...

2. if I were to change the store default order status to 'complete' then I would have to change all my downloads to activate on 'complete' and I have dozens upon dozens of them. Perhaps a feature to make batch changes to products would be a nice addition.

3. is there another option (besides no longer manually changing order status)?

Thanks,

Martin

« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 05:31:02 PM by user88 »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Download activation
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 11:59:28 PM »
Good idea user88
Lets see maybe AbanteCart team will include this in future versions https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/issues/1195

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Download activation
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 04:57:36 PM »
I think, this is something we can add. Discussion is open.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help