Author Topic: Encryption Data Manager Error!  (Read 8408 times)

Offline doldarina1

• View Profile
Encryption Data Manager Error!
« on: April 04, 2013, 04:11:51 PM »
I keep getting the following message Entitled "Create SSL Encryption Key Error" Error: Can't create directory /system/keys for saving SSL keys

Error files are showing the following:
2013-04-04 15:11:18 - warning:  AbanteCart core v.1.1.4 Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in <b>/.../extensions/encryption_data_manager/admin/controller/pages/extension/encryption_data_manager.php</b> on line <b>284</b>

None of the key names are showing up in the second tab on the extension, and when looking in /system/ there is no "keys" folder like there should be. I have edited the config file as directed and the keys are showing up in the database. I have made sure that /system/ is writable. Host has PHP 5.3.14 installed and OpenSSL is installed and enabled.

Can anyone help me with this one? I have not altered any other files.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Encryption Data Manager Error!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 07:30:15 AM »
Check that your system directory is writable for your web server.

It needs to be 777

Please make sure below configuration steps are followed:

1. Configuration:
Add key storage location path.
Add below lines to /system/config.php file.

define('ENCRYPTION_KEYS_DIR', '/path/to/keys/');
define('DATA_ENCRYPTION_ENABLED', true);

Change path to your specific path on your server and it has to be writable/readable only to webserver
If ENCRYPTION_KEYS_DIR is not provided, default path will be used in /system/keys/ . Important to keep these keys secure!
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help