Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Category block disappears with browser width.  (Read 4815 times)

Offline jimcooncat

• View Profile
Category block disappears with browser width.
« on: February 09, 2019, 08:03:46 PM »
New guy using the Default template, and Firefox browser. Why does my Category block disappear when I reduce the width of my browser to half-screen? I can't see it on my Android Chrome browser, either. Can I fix this? I really need the Category feature!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Category block disappears with browser width.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 12:20:23 AM »
Hello.
Did you modify anything else in template? In mobile screen the special javascript hide regular category block and show mobile version instead you may see it as "Go to" dropdown menu

Offline jimcooncat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 04:17:36 AM »
No modifications before I saw what was going on, I'm using the default template. Then all I did was get into the .css file to remove the uppercase transforms. I'd love to look at the code that converts the layout when the display width gets narrow.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 12:21:02 PM »
To answer your why question, categories are collapsed into drop down for smaller screens. This is a feature for mobile devices and smaller screen resolution tablets.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline jimcooncat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 10:09:30 AM »
To answer your why question, categories are collapsed into drop down for smaller screens. This is a feature for mobile devices and smaller screen resolution tablets.
I suppose, though that drop down (on my site anyway) does not show the categories. I put a category block at the bottom of the site and that's not too bad. I'd love to see the code or css that does the collapsing! Thanks for your reply.

Offline jimcooncat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 10:21:11 AM »
I suppose, though that drop down (on my site anyway) does not show the categories. I put a category block at the bottom of the site and that's not too bad.  Thanks for your reply.