Author Topic: Product data not updating  (Read 60 times)

Offline Gusso

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
  • Karma: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Product data not updating
« on: February 10, 2019, 04:26:00 PM »
Hi,

I'm testing AbanteCart 1.2.13 and I'm having a weird behavior. When I modify the product price this change is immediately reflected in the storefront product page, however, if I update the product name or description, even though the system is telling me that successfully saved the changes, they're not reflected.
Any help or advice you can give me, please.

Thanks,
Gustavo.

Offline Basara

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3891
  • Karma: +199/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Product data not updating
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 12:18:32 AM »
Hello.
Do you have HTML cache enable in AbanteCart admin? How many languages you have?
“Chuck Norris is so amazing.”
― Mother Teresa

Offline Gusso

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
  • Karma: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Product data not updating
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 12:30:12 PM »
I changed the default language to Spanish and cache settings are:

config_cache_enabled: ON
html_cache: OFF

Offline Basara

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3891
  • Karma: +199/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Product data not updating
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 12:26:11 AM »
When you change product name in admin make sure content language (not the admin interface language) are set to same you look into storefront.
“Chuck Norris is so amazing.”
― Mother Teresa

Offline Gusso

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
  • Karma: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Product data not updating
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 09:43:13 AM »
thank you very much!!

What happened was I enabled Spanish language and disabled English, so the storefront displayed Spanish by default, but I was still editing content in English, but as I had only one language, the admin interface didn't show the language select control. So I had to re-enable English language in the Localisation setting, then go to Products to change language to Spanish and go back to Localisation to disable English again. That way now I'm editing Spanish by default.

thanks again for your help.

Gustavo.