No
1 (25%)
Not sure
0 (0%)
Not my concern
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: April 06, 2012, 11:44:47 AM

Author Topic: Whitelable Configuration Setting  (Read 16046 times)

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Whitelable Configuration Setting
« on: January 07, 2012, 10:44:47 AM »
How important to everyone the ability to set different or NO brand on the shopping cart?
How easy should it be?
We want to keep core of the cart unchanged and minimize people need to change the code.

There can be a simple setting in the config file that will make cart completely different brand name with custom name and logo.

Opinions?
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline Jay

• View Profile
Re: Whitelable Configuration Setting
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 06:22:32 AM »
I don't think this is a massive concern. Most people that will use the cart will be individuals, so they don't need to rebrand it as such

warehousemonkey

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 05:04:54 PM »
Hi,

Yes i think its important to keep the copyright on the pages with coding but it can be removed from the footer and Admin panel why not charge say maybe a Donation or maybe on the hosted solutions that we offer charge an extra £2 a month for none branded or £12 or even a one of fee for hosted solutions. The function is easy enough to do maybe have a VOTE on it.

I hope this helps ...

Offline Nimitz1061

• No matter where you go, there you are...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 10:36:59 AM »
I'm not sure it is important at all.  I would say it may be important to not display any information on which cart is being used on any pages which do not require the user to be logged in for access....

David

Offline rscorrell

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 09:14:35 AM »
I'm very interested in being able to White Label the Abantecart shopping cart. Even if I have to pay a reasonable amount for the privilege to do so. I'd consider this one-time-payment, as a token 'thank-you' and a small way to give back to the development effort, which makes Abantecart possible.

Offline Nimitz1061

• No matter where you go, there you are...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 11:17:20 AM »
Given the recent post expressing some concern over marketing Abantecart, I thought a few comments on how white labeling can affect a projects marketability would be in order here.

Perhaps one of the greatest strengths of an Open Source approach to development is the extent to which a project can benefit from community driven viral marketing.  Such marketing offers great potential cost savings in terms of both labor and cash expenditures - which can seriously improve ROI for the participating project members and core stake holders in the community.   But, such marketing is never cost free, or without difficulties.

Two big challenges in marketing this way include the ability to maintain consistency and clarity in the messaging carried out in the course of decentralized marketing activities.   Another is achieving sufficient concentration of messaging to generate a constant flow of web traffic to all concerned.

Whether to white label, and how white labeling is done will have a great deal of impact on how successful a project is in meeting those challenges.

Something to think about..

David

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 04:15:34 PM »
Thanks David.
Great points.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline Handoko

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 09:28:14 AM »
Whitelabel or not both have its advantages. I will say it's better to allow user to whitelabel:

- For some (of my) clients, they do not wish to expose what software being used for building their site, a kind of trade secret I guess.

- Actually I've tried AbanteCart a year ago, but because I saw I can't change the logo and color theme, so I ended up to use WordPress.

- I did see whitelabel is in the roadmap, so come back the the website regularly. Unfortunately, until now it's still on postponed status. It's really a turn off for me.

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett