Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Issues with Product Relations Option  (Read 8982 times)

Offline everchanging

• View Profile
    • Ancient Greece Reloaded
Issues with Product Relations Option
« on: March 01, 2019, 02:52:58 PM »
Hi guys,

I have come across an issue that puzzles me and I need your insights here.

When I go to

Catalog > Products > Relations

and I add various products - to one of my existing products - so as to relate the products to each other, and click save...

Something weird occurs:

Afterwards I cannot do this again because I am confronted with the following issue (as seen in the attachment product-relations-issue-1 and product-relations-issue-2)...

The correct one would be as seen in the attachment called "relations-products-1" but after I save the changes I get this long blank thing.

Any suggestions or ides that could cause this problem?

All I see is just a long blank page.

PS: When I click the inspect option I receive the following error from the console as seen in attachment "error-inspect".

As well as the following error-notice:

"
Active resource loading counts reached a per-frame limit while the tab was in background. Network requests will be delayed until a previous loading finishes, or the tab is brought to the foreground. See https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5527160148197376 for more details
"

In all honesty I do not know if this is relevant or not.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 07:39:10 PM by everchanging »
"I know one thing; that I know nothing"

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Issues with Product Relations Option
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 08:47:26 PM »
There is an error somewhere in the JavaScript.

What version of AbanteCart do you have?
Did you do any modifications or installed any extensions?
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline everchanging

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 09:01:41 PM »
Hi Basara,

I am running AbanteCart Version 1.2.13.

Also, the latest two extensions that I have utilized are the Camila theme and the SEO Pack

The Url's of the extensions are below:
Code: [Select]
https://marketplace.abantecart.com/camila_theme?v=40

https://marketplace.abantecart.com/seo_pack?v=40

I did never encounter such issue before - I am looking at the documentation - and I am still puzzled.

I cannot figure out where or what to look for; let alone what to do.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 09:26:11 PM »
I am not Basara. :)

Can you try the following:
1. Try to clear browser cache.
2. Try different browser

Please share the results
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline everchanging

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 09:28:21 PM »
Hi, sorry  :)

OK, give me two minutes to do it

Offline everchanging

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2019, 09:31:54 PM »
Hi,

I jumped over to firefox browser, cleared browser cauche and the problem still remains unfortunately. 

Offline everchanging

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2019, 11:06:54 PM »
No one?

Guys, any suggestion or anything?

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2019, 12:04:30 AM »
I see your theme has and update as of today -  version is 1.1.2

You might try getting the latest version.

You could try turning off that theme and the other extension and see if the problem persists.

Offline everchanging

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2019, 12:14:07 AM »
HI Illegrand and thanks for the reply. I did already update the theme but with no avail.

Here is the thing:
Until I installed the two latest extensions I had no issue (I would go as so far and say until I installed the SEO pack).

I contacted the developer of it and he claims that his extensions would not cause that issue.

And on top of that he pointed me to a page in which I could request his paid( ??? ) assistance in case I need help with AbanteCart.

Question 1: Why is the community here if not to help each other.
Question 2: Why is the documentation available? Obviously to provide additional support (rhetoric question)

And so far I had no issues until a week or so when I installed these extensions.

So here I am: being confronted with the problem, not knowing which or where to find the js file that causes the issue (there are quite a few), where the problem exactly is  - apart from being a js issue - the developer of the extension claiming that his extensions did not cause the problem, I personally don't know how to resolve this etc.

Tell me my friend, in my position, what would you do for a problem that was definitely not created by you; yet, you are dealing with?

« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 12:16:48 AM by everchanging »

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2019, 10:09:36 AM »
I understand your frustration,  but you still need to truly find the cause of the issue.  You indicated you had installed the latest template version and still have the  issue.  So let's  step some ways to try and isolate the cause, rather than guess at it.
If you have cPanel,  using Softaculous  you can clone your working site to experiment on.   If you did not install your site using Softaculous you can import it into the Softaculous profile -  just ask again here for how to do that.
Using your cloned testing site turn off your SEO pak,  clear your system cache and your pc cache and see if you still have the issue. 
Then continue on extension by extension to see what is causing your issue.   Once you have determined what,  then you can enable debug within your cart system and get a better rendition of what is causing the issue. 

https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/7569496/Debug
Then if it is one of your extensions go back to that developer and give them the details of the issue. 

As developers selling on the MarketPlace,  we can see the issue from both sides -  end users like yourself often make changes to the coding that causes conflict and then blame the last extension they added as the problem.   From the developer side most of us try very hard to test our extensions for working with default code without conflict.  The problems come from not all extensions from all developers  are tested with  all the different third-party extensions available on the MarketPlace.  Developers have no idea what all you have installed or changed on your site unless you tell us.  The same lack of details here on the forum makes us all give it a "best guess"  approach.   

RegardsLee (why2)

Offline everchanging

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2019, 12:30:35 PM »
Hi Lee,

first of let me state that I am not trying to take it out on any developer.

On The contrary... I respect them, I respect their hard work and not everyone can do what the developers can do - not to mention that it is thanks to the developers that we have what we have. Without the developers we would have nothing and would still be living in the stone age.

So yes, I highly respect any developer.

Moreover, I am not trying to dash it out on the developer of the aforementioned extensions; on the contrary his extensions are amazing.

But as you stated, I am frustrated because this is something that has me puzzled.

Also, to be clear about it; I have done no customization in the programming of the AbanteCart code. The only "customization" that has been done is the one through the installed extensions; nothing else nor did I touch the code.

That being said, while looking at the products relations, the various products etc. I am confronted with a puzzling thing, which is:

Let us say that I have 2 types of product categories, product A and product B.

Product category A -> remains unaffected and when I add products (to product relations) it works with no problem.
Product category B -> has been affected and all of these products have the issue that I did mention.

Opening Google inspector/console, according to it the problem is in the js file; specifically towards the end (I have copy-pasted the specific section of the code that was underlined red and appears to have the problem).
You can see the specific section below.

Can you, or anyone find the problem because I cannot locate it.

if(g.open(b.type,b.url,b.async,b.username,b.password),b.xhrFields)for(f in b.xhrFields)g[f]=b.xhrFields[f];b.mimeType&&g.overrideMimeType&&g.overrideMimeType(b.mimeType),b.crossDomain||d["X-Requested-With"]||(d["X-Requested-With"]="XMLHttpRequest");for(f in d)void 0!==d[f]&&g.setRequestHeader(f,d[f]+"");g.send(b.hasContent&&b.data||null),c=function(a,d){var f,i,j;if(c&&(d||4===g.readyState))if(delete fc[h],c=void 0,g.onreadystatechange=n.noop,d)4!==g.readyState&&g.abort();else{j={},f=g.status,"string"==typeof g.responseText&&(j.text=g.responseText);try{i=g.statusText}catch(k){i=""}f||!b.isLocal||b.crossDomain?1223===f&&(f=204):f=j.text?200:404}j&&e(f,i,j,g.getAllResponseHeaders())},b.async?4===g.readyState?a.setTimeout(c):g.onreadystatechange=fc[h]=c:c()},abort:function(){c&&c(void 0,!0)}}}});function hc(){try{return new a.XMLHttpRequest}catch(b){}}function ic(){try{return new a.ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(b){}}n.ajaxSetup({accepts:{script:"text/javascript, application/javascript, application/ecmascript, application/x-ecmascript"},contents:{script:/\b(?:java|ecma)script\b/},converters:{"text script":function(a){return n.globalEval(a),a}}}),n.ajaxPrefilter("script",function(a){void 0===a.cache&&(a.cache=!1),a.crossDomain&&(a.type="GET",a.global=!1)}),n.ajaxTransport("script",function(a){if(a.crossDomain){var b,c=d.head||n("head")[0]||d.documentElement;return{send:function(e,f){b=d.createElement("script"),b.async=!0,a.scriptCharset&&(b.charset=a.scriptCharset),b.src=a.url,b.onload=b.onreadystatechange=function(a,c){(c||!b.readyState||/loaded|complete/.test(b.readyState))&&(b.onload=b.onreadystatechange=null,b.parentNode&&b.parentNode.removeChild(b),b=null,c||f(200,"success"))},c.insertBefore(b,c.firstChild)},abort:function(){b&&b.onload(void 0,!0)}}}});var jc=[],kc=/(=)\?(?=&|$)|\?\?/;n.ajaxSetup({jsonp:"callback",jsonpCallback:function(){var a=jc.pop()||n.expando+"_"+Eb++;return this[a]=!0,a}}),n.ajaxPrefilter("json jsonp",function(b,c,d){var e,f,g,h=b.jsonp!==!1&&(kc.test(b.url)?"url":"string"==typeof b.data&&0===(b.contentType||"").indexOf("application/x-www-form-urlencoded")&&kc.test(b.data)&&"data");return h||"jsonp"===b.dataTypes[0]?(e=b.jsonpCallback=n.isFunction(b.jsonpCallback)?b.jsonpCallback():b.jsonpCallback,h?b[h]=b[h].replace(kc,"$1"+e):b.jsonp!==!1&&(b.url+=(Fb.test(b.url)?"&":"?")+b.jsonp+"="+e),b.converters["script json"]=function(){return g||n.error(e+" was not called"),g[0]},b.dataTypes[0]="json",f=a[e],a[e]=function(){g=arguments},d.always(function(){void 0===f?n(a).removeProp(e):a[e]=f,b[e]&&(b.jsonpCallback=c.jsonpCallback,jc.push(e)),g&&n.isFunction(f)&&f(g[0]),g=f=void 0}),"script"):void 0}),n.parseHTML=function(a,b,c){if(!a||"string"!=typeof a)return null;"boolean"==typeof b&&(c=b,b=!1),b=b||d;var e=x.exec(a),f=!c&&[];return e?[b.createElement(e[1])]:(e=ja([a],b,f),f&&f.length&&n(f).remove(),n.merge([],e.childNodes))};var lc=n.fn.load;n.fn.load=function(a,b,c){if("string"!=typeof a&&lc)return lc.apply(this,arguments);var d,e,f,g=this,h=a.indexOf(" ");return h>-1&&(d=n.trim(a.slice(h,a.length)),a=a.slice(0,h)),n.isFunction(b)?(c=b,b=void 0):b&&"object"==typeof b&&(e="POST"),g.length>0&&n.ajax({url:a,type:e||"GET",dataType:"html",data:b}).done(function(a){f=arguments,g.html(d?n("<div>").append(n.parseHTML(a)).find(d):a)}).always(c&&function(a,b){g.each(function(){c.apply(this,f||[a.responseText,b,a])})}),this},n.each(["ajaxStart","ajaxStop","ajaxComplete","ajaxError","ajaxSuccess","ajaxSend"],function(a,b){n.fn[b]=function(a){return this.on(b,a)}}),n.expr.filters.animated=function(a){return n.grep(n.timers,function(b){return a===b.elem}).length};function mc(a){return n.isWindow(a)?a:9===a.nodeType?a.defaultView||a.parentWindow:!1}n.offset={setOffset:function(a,b,c){var d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k=n.css(a,"position"),l=n(a),m={};"static"===k&&(a.style.position="relative"),h=l.offset(),f=n.css(a,"top"),i=n.css(a,"left"),j=("absolute"===k||"fixed"===k)&&n.inArray("auto",[f,i])>-1,j?(d=l.position(),g=d.top,e=d.left):(g=parseFloat(f)||0,e=parseFloat(i)||0),n.isFunction(b)&&(b=b.call(a,c,n.extend({},h))),null!=b.top&&(m.top=b.top-h.top+g),null!=b.left&&(m.left=b.left-h.left+e),"using"in b?b.using.call(a,m):l.css(m)}},n.fn.extend({offset:function(a){if(arguments.length)return void 0===a?this:this.each(function(b){n.offset.setOffset(this,a,b)});var b,c,d={top:0,left:0},e=this[0],f=e&&e.ownerDocument;if(f)return b=f.documentElement,n.contains(b,e)?("undefined"!=typeof e.getBoundingClientRect&&(d=e.getBoundingClientRect()),c=mc(f),{top:d.top+(c.pageYOffset||b.scrollTop)-(b.clientTop||0),left:d.left+(c.pageXOffset||b.scrollLeft)-(b.clientLeft||0)}):d},position:function(){if(this[0]){var a,b,c={top:0,left:0},d=this[0];return"fixed"===n.css(d,"position")?b=d.getBoundingClientRect():(a=this.offsetParent(),b=this.offset(),n.nodeName(a[0],"html")||(c=a.offset()),c.top+=n.css(a[0],"borderTopWidth",!0),c.left+=n.css(a[0],"borderLeftWidth",!0)),{top:b.top-c.top-n.css(d,"marginTop",!0),left:b.left-c.left-n.css(d,"marginLeft",!0)}}},offsetParent:function(){return this.map(function(){var a=this.offsetParent;while(a&&!n.nodeName(a,"html")&&"static"===n.css(a,"position"))a=a.offsetParent;return a||Qa})}}),n.each({scrollLeft:"pageXOffset",scrollTop:"pageYOffset"},function(a,b){var c=/Y/.test(b);n.fn[a]=function(d){return Y(this,function(a,d,e){var f=mc(a);return void 0===e?f?b in f?f[b]:f.document.documentElement[d]:a[d]:void(f?f.scrollTo(c?n(f).scrollLeft():e,c?e:n(f).scrollTop()):a[d]=e)},a,d,arguments.length,null)}}),n.each(["top","left"],function(a,b){n.cssHooks[b]=Ua(l.pixelPosition,function(a,c){return c?(c=Sa(a,b),Oa.test(c)?n(a).position()[b]+"px":c):void 0})}),n.each({Height:"height",Width:"width"},function(a,b){n.each({

While attached is the full js code that has the issue.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 01:26:13 PM by everchanging »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2019, 11:50:43 PM »
I understand your frustration,  but you still need to truly find the cause of the issue.  You indicated you had installed the latest template version and still have the  issue.  So let's  step some ways to try and isolate the cause, rather than guess at it.
If you have cPanel,  using Softaculous  you can clone your working site to experiment on.   If you did not install your site using Softaculous you can import it into the Softaculous profile -  just ask again here for how to do that.
Using your cloned testing site turn off your SEO pak,  clear your system cache and your pc cache and see if you still have the issue. 

Hi. I recommend to uninstall extensions in cloned site completely to make sure nothing is loaded from 3rd party. Disabled extensions may still load something

Offline everchanging

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2019, 12:21:52 AM »
Hi Basara,
I will proceed as you suggested and see what is going on; and I will let you guys know about it.

Just give me a couple of days.

Thanks

Offline everchanging

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2019, 06:45:18 PM »
OK, the problem still exists but when I turned my Settings to System check, the following errors popped up:

2019-03-04 1:41:45 - load error: AbanteCart core v.1.2.13 Error: Cannot create HTML cache for file html_cache.pages.product.product.camila_theme.0.1.USD.1._0_8d6ae5e55c9095d0c0501015041c4b33! Directory to write cache is not writable

Trace:

#0 .../core/engine/view.php on line 344

#0 .../core/engine/view.php on line 344

//Write HTML Cache if we need and can write
if ($this->config && $this->config->get('config_html_cache') && $this->html_cache_key){
if ($this->cache->save_html_cache($this->html_cache_key, $content) === false){
(line 344) $error = new AError('Error: Cannot create HTML cache for file ' . $this->html_cache_key . '! Directory to write cache is not writable', AC_ERR_LOAD);
$error->toDebug()->toLog();
}
}

#1 .../core/engine/view.php on line 267

else{
     (line 267) $this->response->setOutput($this->fetch($this->template), $compression);
}

#2 .../core/engine/controller.php on line 470

$output = trim($this->view->getOutput());
                            if (!empty($output)) {
                                $output = '<span class="block_tmpl_wrapper">'.$output.$debug_output.'</span>';
                            }
                            $this->view->setOutput($output);
                        }
                    }

}
            } else {
                unset($this->session->data['tmpl_debug']);
            }
        }
  (line 470)      $this->view->render();
    }

//Set of functions to access parent controller and exchange information
    public function addToParentByName($parent_controller_name, $variable, $value)

#3 .../storefront/controller/common/page.php on line 103

$this->extensions->hk_UpdateData($this,__FUNCTION__);

(line 103)      parent::finalize();
    }

#4 .../core/engine/dispatcher.php on line 341

//Request controller to generate output
 (line 341)            $controller->finalize();

2019-03-04 1:41:45 - warning: AbanteCart core v.1.2.13 Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in <b>.../extensions/supplier/storefront/model/checkout/order.php</b> on line <b>844</b>

$msg_text .= "<br/><br/>";
 (line 844) foreach ($template->data['totals'] as $total) {
$msg_text .= $total['title'] . ' - ' . $total['text'] . "<br/>";
}

Is any of the above related to my issue?

Also, how do I solve the follwing issue?   

/home/.../index.php file is writable. It is recommended to set read and execute modes for this file to keep it secured and running properly!

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2019, 08:45:27 PM »
seems some of your file permissions are not set correctly

here's a doc infor
https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/3473448/Warning+Incorrect+file+permissions

Note:  Some files and directories should be "hardened" with stricter permissions, specifically, the /system/config.php and /index.php files. This file should be set with 644 or 640 permissions (444, or 400 depending on your server setup).
This is related to your last comment on the most recent post.

Your Cache file should be set to 755 usually
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 11:09:49 PM by llegrand »