Author Topic: I lost the admin account and password for the abantecart website's admin  (Read 3089 times)

Offline pradeep

• View Profile
I have a peculiar situation. I have recently got a job offer to maintain an exisitng website deployed in Godaddy hosting using Abantecart.  I have the godaddy CPanel  logon details available to me. The problem is the previous developer has not shared the true admin  account name or password with the owner of the website or me. The account he shared is a limited account in the sense that, it only allows changes to categories , products etc. The access via admin panel of the website to the system configuration, design , themes etc are not available with this account. Hence it is nearly impossible for me as a newbie to make any changes. How I may be able to know what was the root/all powerful admin account for the admin panel? Where can I see it. Since I have hosting access and file access for the code deployed is there  any place in the file manager  in CPanel of the GoDaddy hosting where can I discover the original admin account and password?

Any help would be greatly and truly appreciated . We need to integrate an extension for payment gateway . and without the proper admin access, I am unable to do continue. Please help us to recover the root or admin account name and its password.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello.

Please search forum this question was replied few times

Offline llegrand

• View Profile

You will need to request a password reset to be sent to the email address of record  for the user group 1  which is top administrator.   Seems your current access is as a different user group  with restricted access.

this should assist you 

https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/3801090/Can+not+login+to+admin

you will also need access to the email address assigned.   You can change that in the database  -  the table is 'users' 
You cannot just place a password in that table as they are encrypted

Table: ac_users