Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: How can I edit the My Account menu?  (Read 3145 times)

Offline lostmytophat

• View Profile
How can I edit the My Account menu?
« on: March 28, 2019, 03:54:21 PM »
I'd like to remove these two items from the my account menu - can someone direct me how to do that please? Also I would prefer to remove "Not (user name)?" from before "Logoff" in that drop down menu. Help will be apricated  :)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 03:58:47 PM by lostmytophat »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How can I edit the My Account menu?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 01:12:21 AM »
Enable debug in System Settings to find controller and .tpl file (where html rendered) to edit https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/7569496/Debug#Debug-Templatedebug

Offline lostmytophat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 01:33:15 PM »
Okay, so I used your tip (very useful tool, thank you for letting me know about it btw), and I found the files. I tried editing them by removing the lines of code I highlighted in the attached image. It gave no result, the menu was unchanged. I made sure the cache was off and cleared my browser cache, even tried it on a VPN so I don't think it's a cache issue, I think I probably must be missing something. I freely admit, I'm no expert at this though, not even close, so I rank the chances of me missing something fairly high. Any help would be very welcome  :)

Offline Sam_78

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 04:28:38 PM »
are you sure you changed the correct file ? If you have an extension then there will be same files with same location path
example extensions -> theme-> storefront .....
As you said you tried removing them and things were unchanged I think you are in wrong file.