Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Guidance to Modding Admin Menu  (Read 4909 times)

Offline Ice-Drake

• View Profile
Guidance to Modding Admin Menu
« on: April 03, 2019, 12:03:29 AM »
I just recently install AbanteCart and start to customize it via Admin panel. While doing so, one big problem that bothers me the most is that Admin Menu remain the same for all user groups regardless of their permissions. This bothers me a lot since it makes sense to hide the menu the user group has no permission rather than displaying a series of sliding messages saying that the user has no permission. For any new user to the Admin control, leaving these menus there will confuse the person as to what he or she has permission to and what he or she does not. I have read somewhere else in this forum that this feature has been backlogged for who know how long. As a result, I have decided to take matter into own hands and assist in contributing by implementing the feature.

Rather than trying to dig the code left and right to figure where I should start, I want to conserve my limited time just to studying, coding, and testing the feature I need to work on. So here I am asking for guidance to what file should I look in and what should I watch for when coding that feature up. Thanks ahead of time.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Guidance to Modding Admin Menu
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 01:41:26 AM »
Welcome :)

This feature implemented in 2.0 but it is still in active development.

We will appreciate any help to implement feature into 1.2.15
See this commits
https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart_2.0/search?q=menu+permission&type=Commits

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 10:56:45 AM »
There is this extension in MarketPlace - 

http://marketplace.abantecart.com/adminimize_hide?keyword=admin&category_id=0
you could ask Natani if it can be modifed for  each assigned user -  or perhaps used as a guide to change for your purposes.
Just a thought.
Lee (Why2)

Offline Ice-Drake

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 12:46:31 PM »
This feature implemented in 2.0 but it is still in active development.

We will appreciate any help to implement feature into 1.2.15

Hmm, I was wondering why you mention committing the changes made for that commit along with further changes to v1.2.15 and not to v2.0. But after searching around, I can see the reason why. Since there are lots of new features implemented in v2.0, it will be a while before the feature I wanted get released. Okay, I will see what I can do in the meantime. I hope I can do it done before v2.0 get released.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 12:48:31 PM by Ice-Drake »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 01:18:21 AM »
Thank you, Ice-Drake.

2.0 is not released yet even in alpha or beta, so you have a time.