Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Auto Currency Updater Configured Incorrectly  (Read 2935 times)

Offline Janex

• View Profile
Auto Currency Updater Configured Incorrectly
« on: April 24, 2019, 02:58:20 AM »
My Default Currency is Canadian and Value is set at 1.000

I chose to USD, Euro and Pound Sterling as well as CAD for the store; and I searched the current rates and put those correct amounts into the Value area.   I tested the cart and the exchange rates were working perfectly.   Then I set the Currency Updater to Auto Update for future use.

Now - when I buy 2 items worth Canadian $96.85 which is the correct price in Default.  It shows as $3.47 USD - which is TOTALLY WRONG! It should be something like $71.96.  This is because the Auto Updater changed the USD Value to 0.03192756 as of April 24.  This is incorrect.  The other currencies -  Euro and Pound Sterling - are also now updated incorrectly.

What has happended?  Did I configure something incorrectly?   I cannot trust to use the Auto Currency Updater as it is; and will have to manually update currencies or else only use the Default.

Thanks for assistance.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Auto Currency Updater Configured Incorrectly
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 03:21:43 AM »
Hello.
Check what is Base currency in store settings https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/6258736/Base+Currency

Offline Janex

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 11:59:04 PM »
Base Currency is Canadian

and under Canadian Value is 1.00000

Attached screen shots.

Thank you.

Offline Janex

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 12:52:56 AM »
Tonight the currencies are showing correctly as to exchange!! USD is miraculously set to 0.74186176 instead of  0.03192756 as previously.  I am happy and will keep checking it to make sure it is stable.  I feel I know what the issue was related to though.  Canadian currency had been shown as CAN and not CAD previously and it may have taken a short itme to update. 

Thanks for your time. Without the forum I likely would not have been able to fix issues.