Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: is there a way to add free product?  (Read 2832 times)

Offline Sam_78

• View Profile
is there a way to add free product?
« on: May 01, 2019, 05:44:33 PM »
I am selling books and would like to add free t-shirt with every purchase. I can write it in the description that you will get free t-shirt but sometimes we forget to add it and customers don't receive it.
Is there a way I can add another product with price = 0 and it gets added when the book is added and removed when book is removed? in this way customer can also see a Tshirt in their order with price = 0

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: is there a way to add free product?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 07:11:31 PM »
Hi Sam

is the free t-shirt only for some books?  or with every purchase?  And do they come  in sizes?  or colors?

if it is for say one book -  then you could easily add an option to the book -  using the global size and color option  you can give them a choice of those also -  and you can leave the cost of the option at zero.   You would need to require the option to remind them to make a choice.   If they remove the product  the option goes away also.

https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/dosearchsite.action?queryString=options&search_id=e9a6db2a-cc92-4398-9be2-f82622911591

info on options - at the above link -  look at manage options  and parent -child options for the color-size 

Offline Sam_78

• View Profile
Re: is there a way to add free product?
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 09:30:35 AM »
Hi,
Tshirt is with only selected book so for example book A comes with Free Tshirt A and book B comes with Free Tshirt B
There are no sizes option as of now they are all L size so I am not worried about it.
I still can't figure out how to add a free product with any product?
In a Nutshell if customer purchases Book A free Tshirt with price 0 should be added (no options in Tshirt).