Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Encoding HTML tags in description field for a product.  (Read 360 times)

Offline Heemet

• View Profile
Encoding HTML tags in description field for a product.
« on: May 02, 2019, 11:11:44 PM »
I am attempting to add a sound clip to the description field of a product using the audio HTML tag.  When I save the product information, I get a 403 error.  I assume that my host doesn't like injecting HTML into the database via the admin site.

Using my host database interface, I can add the HTML tag manually.  However, I can't switch over to the AbanteCart admin site to edit a product with an audio tag that I've added manually into the database.

I can see that AbanteCart is encoding HTML tags in the product description field, e.g., <p> gets encoded to remove the "<" and ">".  I'd like to modify the code to do the same for audio tags, but I can't find in the source code where this is happening.

So, in short, does anyone know where AbanteCart encodes "<p>" before being sent to the product database?

Thanks in advance.

Peter
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 12:51:49 AM by Heemet »

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Encoding HTML tags in description field for a product.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 09:01:38 PM »
Tags are encoded with htmlentities() in engine/html.php
We need your help to build better free open source eCommerce platform for everyone.
See how you can help