Author Topic: Upgrade PHP  (Read 3800 times)

Offline MessEleven

• View Profile
Upgrade PHP
« on: June 05, 2019, 06:58:11 PM »
I'm currently running PHP 5.6 and need to upgrade to PHP 7.x to pass a PCI scan. The AbanteCart version we're currently using is v1.2.10. Will the upgrade create any problems?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Upgrade PHP
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 01:54:33 AM »
Latest version tested on PHP 7.2+ but if you have some third party extensions contact with developers to make sure they support new php

Offline MessEleven

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 09:19:53 AM »
Great, thank you!

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 10:20:23 AM »
One note here for clarity -  are you intending to upgrade your cart version past your current 1.2.10?

Basara comments that the latest version supports php 7.2  (and it does) In early 2018  we had a client request a PCI compliance assist and we found we had to update his 1.2.10  to 1.2.12  to get PHP 7.2 to work correctly and achieve PCI compliance.  Just FYI for you knowledge.

The Support Team
We Hear You 2, Inc.  (Why2)

Offline MessEleven

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 05:09:06 PM »
I absolutely despise upgrading once I finally have a stable version of AbanteCart - and we do now. The upgrades are usually nothing but trouble. But if we have to, I guess we don't have much of a choice.

Thanks for the input.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2019, 05:29:08 PM »
Another bit of hard learned knowledge by us on upgrading for many years here :

We strongly recommend you avail yourself of Softaculous abilities to allow you to clone your existing installation  and then try running upgrade (in order, don't skip) .  Softaculous also allows you to make a complete backup files and DB  that can very easily restore to your original.   

Additionally Softaculous now has staging -  which allows you to test any new  changes and if you determine they work  then the staging will import the changes into your live site.

In all of these  upgrading, cloning, or staging we highly recommend you make a backup of your live site,  place your live site into Mtce mode,  then run the upgrade  or apply the staging.  See if your newly amended live site has taken the changes  well.  If so take your MTCE mode off.   if not you can restore from your backup and you will be back to where you were prior to attempting changes.

Regards
The Support Team
We Hear You 2, Inc.  (WHY2)

Offline MessEleven

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 09:14:04 AM »
Thank you very much, llegrand!