Author Topic: Tracking links and Invoices  (Read 3535 times)

Offline everchanging

• View Profile
    • Ancient Greece Reloaded
Tracking links and Invoices
« on: June 11, 2019, 04:44:37 PM »
I would like to make a proposition so as to further enhance Abantecart's amazing features.

Using Abantecart for a while now, I can say with confidence that it is amazing.

Nevertheless, since it is an online shopping platform here are the two main points that I would like to point out:

1. When completing a sale, you will also have to ship the product. When talking to the customers and trying to provide them with a tracking number and tracking-link, there is no option in which you could add a tracking URL on which, when the customer clicks on, would open the relevant tracking site's section.

2. Invoices. Although, the invoicing is done automatically by Abantecart it looks a little "primitive". In other words, it is more a matter of aesthetics rather than an actual issue.

I believe that looking into the two aforementioned areas, it would further enhance Abantecart's amazing experience.

Finally, what I wrote here is not to criticize Abantecart - on the contrary, it is more to further develop this amazing platform.

Sincerely
"I know one thing; that I know nothing"

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Tracking links and Invoices
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 04:24:16 AM »
Thank you for suggestions

By the way you can post tracking code to order comments so customer will see it on order history page

Offline everchanging

• View Profile
Re: Tracking links and Invoices and Mods
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 03:01:11 PM »
Hi Basara,

yes you can post the URLs on the comment sections of your orders but so as for the customer to actually see it, he will have to copy-paste the URL on his browser and then click enter.

Instead you could give something like an "insert-link" attribute which would allow the customer to only click on it and the respective URL opens up automatically.

By the way here is another suggestion (I also changed the topic's title accordingly):

Is it possible to allow some people to become something like moderators for your online shop?

Why I am saying this:
As you are the super admin you want full control over everything, to be able to observe the stats etc.

But when your online shop becomes successful you want to add people to do stuff that usually the super admin would do like: responding to customers, changing prices on products etc.

Nevertheless, there are things that as a super admin you do NOT want the moderators to see like: the money you make, your shop's stats and so forth.

In other terms, you want people to be able to take care of the basic time consuming things while, at the same time, you do not want them to be able to know your income or doing things that could mess up your store like: deleting products and so forth.

Obviously, this involves a lot of programming no doubt about it.

But since I love Abantecart - this is why I am making this proposition.

Think about it like this: that at some point, if an online store is that successful and is to go international, more people will have to be involved in managing the online store - thus, such an option (aka, mods) will have to become available eventually.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline everchanging

• View Profile
Re: Tracking links and Invoices
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 09:09:42 PM »
Hi Basara and thank you for pointing it out to me; frankly I never saw that - my mistake obviously.

Thank you for it  :)