Author Topic: Multistore: Products and Categories in new store appear in default store  (Read 3047 times)

Offline HappyArun2019

• View Profile
HI Support

I created multistores using apprach of subdomains mentioned in document
abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/8028306/Multi-store

From Admin Panel, i tried to create a new category and products to this category for the new store. But, i observed that product category and product were added to default store eveen when i created using store as new store.

When i checked database tables, observed that all products and categories are with store_id 0. Not sure if i need to add any additional setup to ensure that products and categories created for each store are visible in that store only. Please let me know.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
The advantage of multistore is everything can be controlled from on Admin Dashboard.  However it is necessary to select the store you are working on. 

On the products pages - in addition to the categories you can have a product displayed in  you also can control the store where they are added -  default store is almost always added -  you just need to deselect it for the product page.

And you will find this in multiple places as you are address each store and what it shows.

The Support Team
We Hear You 2, Inc. (WHY2)

Offline HappyArun2019

• View Profile
HI Llegrand

Thanks for your response. Just to clarify, I am creating product categories and products when new store is selected. But, System is creating product categories and Products in Default store and not in new store that was selected.

According to multistore documentation, we can create multi store and have products for each store. So, why Product categories and products added in new store are not getting added to new store and only getting added to default store even when they are added with new store as store selected?

Offline HappyArun2019

• View Profile
Hi LLegrand

Found the issue.  Even after clicking to add product in a selected new store, observed that there is an attribute calles stores where only default store is selected by default and unless default store is removed and new store is added, the product will be added to Default store only. Now, i am able to add products to new store only.

Thanks for your support.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
yes,  you have found the additional place to direct your product to each store you wish to have it.  It is convenient to have one admin dashboard for all stores,  but one does have to understand how to make the desired "on" for each store.   And to keep in mind which location (store) you are addressing.

Cheers, enjoy your new cart

The Support Team
We Hear You 2, Inc.  (WHY2)