Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Adding a progress bar to uploads in Media Manager  (Read 3702 times)

Offline user88

• View Profile
    • Visit my website
Adding a progress bar to uploads in Media Manager
« on: September 03, 2019, 01:28:40 PM »
Hi everyone,

The problem:

I have been trying to upload a video via the media manager over a SLOW connection. The media manager shows only a status bar, so I have no way of monitoring if the upload is progressing or not. I have been sitting for almost an hour waiting and so far the upload hasn't finished. Without a progress bar I can't tell - is it almost done, half way, no where close? Should I continue to wait or cancel and try again later?

Suggestion

Add a progress bar to media manager upload. Show percent complete and perhaps transfer speed.

This would give those with slow connections and large files a way of telling if the upload is working or got somehow interrupted or the connection is way to slow for successful completion.

Thanks a bunch for all the good work.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 01:33:43 PM by user88 »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Adding a progress bar to uploads in Media Manager
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 01:11:51 AM »
Thank you for suggestion

Offline user88

• View Profile
    • Visit my website
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 10:59:34 PM »
Not sure where to post this, but I noticed that when uploading a large file over a slow connection, AbanteCart logs me out of admin because of "inactivity" (I assume). When this happens I loose the upload connection as well and have to start all over again.

So far I have worked around this by opening a second admin page and clicking on some link every once in a while. This resets the "inactivity" counter and keeps me logged in. This way I can complete file upload.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 12:59:59 AM »
You need to increase php session lifetime in your php.ini and in AbanteCart system settings

Check also 3rd part extension http://marketplace.abantecart.com/auto_downloads
Please contact extension developer I am not sure is this cover all your needs