Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Avatax Integration  (Read 3452 times)

Offline rjunke

• View Profile
Avatax Integration
« on: November 03, 2019, 01:16:48 PM »
Hello,

I'm setting up AbanteCart for an online store and want to integrate a tax extension.

Per http : // www . abantecart . com / ecommerce-solution-support, it says "AbanteCart integration to AvaTax is absolutely free and easy to install. It is fully automated, end-to-end sales and use tax compliance."

I haven't explored this further except to view the video on http : // www . abantecart . com / avatax-integration. The above statement and the video stating to use AvaTax the cost is a minimum of $30.00 per month makes this look like bate and switch on the part of AbanteCart. I don't want to install this extension only to find out it really isn't "free". The client understands that these extensions can involve a cost, but a minimum of $30.00 per month for small number of online sales is cost prohibitive.

So, the question is, is "AbanteCart integration to AvaTax is absolutely free" or is it just the integration itself that's free but then you have to pay AvaTax for their services. Seems that there should be a free or low cost alternative that does not include recurring charges just to build in tax calculations to AbanteCart.

Thanks, Bob

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Avatax Integration
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 01:20:29 AM »
Hello.
AbanteCart has integrated with Avalara AvaTax to determine sales tax rates at checkout automatically. Extension to integrate Avatax is free however the Avalara AvaTax charge service fee to calculating sales tax for your store.
Service fee pricing is different for all businesses — small, midsize, and enterprise and based on a few factors.

Offline maxter

• View Profile
Re: Avatax Integration
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 06:38:53 AM »
Yes "AbanteCart integration to AvaTax is absolutely free". The word integration is a key here.
Avatax is not a free service, but they offer free trial special for AbanteCart.