Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Shipping Policies  (Read 3100 times)

Offline Ha!Tea

• View Profile
Shipping Policies
« on: October 16, 2019, 01:19:06 AM »
Hi there, l'm pretty sure the answer will be "No" / "Not Possible" because it seems all shopping carts are basically the same with regards to shipping policy, but here is my question anyway:

- Can AbanteCart create an inventory of shipping policies, known by a reference no, e.g. "01", "02" etc. or by their nickname e.g. "1kg not delicate, therefore can send economy, NO ANTARCTICA FOR THIS POLICY"?
- Can AbanteCart allow me to bulk upload product inventory  ... with a column for which shipping policy l want to use (see above for how to indicate shipping policy)?
- Will AbanteCart do this crazy thing everyone else is doing and say: "Hang on, for  Policy 02, you already mentioned USA. You cannot mention USA ever again. Do you hear me? I don't care if you also have 50kg and 50kg is a way different ballgame to 2kg, you already mentioned USA in your 2kg policy and that's all the USA you are allowed to get lmao!"
- All l need is for AbanteCart to not calculate anything except: Which country is the buyer in? And therefore which courier tariffs - part of Policy 02 (for example) - apply? Because for Policy 02, we got Economy 2kg tariff, we got Express 2kg tariff, and we got Express 2kg tariff a la courier Z as well. So, I need AbanteCart to look up the customer's location, and serve up the 3 relevant tariffs under the big policy known as "02" that l have attached to that SPECIFIC inventory item (Beats by Dr Dre headphones - orange).

Yes, you have seen this before somewhere: l want to copy eBay's modus operandi.

Oh and one more thing: I want to finally allow AbanteCart to actually calculate something too:  an overarching multi-item rule assembled via drop-down menu:
Quantity / price / weight of total items in basket over X value --> get Y percent or absolute amount off of entire basket / cheapest item.

Can you do this?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 01:21:35 AM by Ha!Tea »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Shipping Policies
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 01:43:22 AM »
Hello.
Welcome to AbanteCart community forum, could you please create a separate topic for each question or feature suggestion.
Thank you

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 01:46:23 AM »
For you info, some shipping methods already support different rates per Location see Weight Based shipping as example
https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/17203397/Weight+Based

Offline Ha!Tea

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 04:20:09 AM »
Hello.
Welcome to AbanteCart community forum, could you please create a separate topic for each question or feature suggestion.
Thank you

It's all one question :)

Offline Ha!Tea

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 04:22:39 AM »
For you info, some shipping methods already support different rates per Location see Weight Based shipping as example

I absolutely don't want AbanteCart looking up weights.

I want bespoke policies that may overlap in weights, but the policies themselves are complete, self contained.

I want policies to have an ID.

I want to upload products PLUS the shipping policy ID all together in one spreadsheet :)