Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Image problem on desktop, with error log.  (Read 3587 times)

Offline Geoffrey

• View Profile
Image problem on desktop, with error log.
« on: October 31, 2019, 12:41:05 PM »
I discovered a new image-display problem on my AC site. I use the easyzoom view window with productthumbs on my product pages.

The thumbnails stopped working properly.

When you click a thumb, it should display that image in the view window.
But it doesn't.
Instead, it opens the image in the browser window with this url:
https://www.inspired-designco.com/image/thumbnails/18/83/image_name_jpg-100413-1000x1000.jpg

This problem only occurs on desktop. It occurs in both Chrome and Firefox.

It does not occur on android phone.

My error log shows only one error, and it is the same error repeatedly every 4 minutes:
Code: [Select]
2019-10-31 8:47:23 - App Error: AbanteCart core v.1.2.11 Error: Cannot get image size of file /[i]root[/i]/resources/100418. File not found or it's not an image! in /[i]root[/i]/core/helper/utils.php on line 1154.
I am still on 1.2.11 because my storefront has many core mods and customizations.

How can I fix this problem?

Thanks!

Online llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Image problem on desktop, with error log.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 01:46:38 PM »
Are you sure it is not just related to this one image?
I was just on your site (nice site by the way!)  and all the several products I looked at, the thumbnails displayed properly by replacement as the main image.

Both on Chrome and FireFox.

What is the product that exhibits like this for you ?

Offline Geoffrey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 02:26:16 PM »
Hello llegrand, thank you for the compliment, and thank you for your help!

I have done some more testing. I think this is a speed problem.

Explanation:
I am very familiar with my own website. Naturally.
When I test the site, I click things very fast.

Example - Starting on the homepage:
1 - I click a category. This opens a product listing page.
2 - I click a product. This opens a product page.
3 - I immediately click a thumbnail as soon as I see it. I am making this click before the product page has finished loading.
When I do that, the browser redirects to a new "page" view that shows only the selected image.
BUT - If I wait 2 seconds before clicking a thumbnail, to give the product page enough time to load, then the thumbnails work correctly: the thumbnail-click changes the image displayed in the main viewer instead of redirecting to a new page.

Would you mind doing this test yourself to see if you can repeat the error?
1 - Get familiar with the site structure: homepage = category list, which links to a product list, which links to a product page.
2 - Go fast from homepage to product list to product page, and immediately click a thumbnail image on the product page as soon as you see it.
3 - Discover if the quick click on a thumbnail causes a redirect to an image-only page instead of loading the clicked thumbnail image into the main viewer.

Let me know what you find out. Thanks!

Comments:
I don't think this issue is an AC "problem" that needs to be fixed. Almost no user will go that fast.
But it is an interesting phenomenon.
It makes me wonder if there is something different I can do with pageload sequence to prevent it.

Important:
I still have an error log full of the error I pasted in my original post.
It is the only error that is occurring.
I would like to find out what is causing that error and fix it.

Online llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 03:00:52 PM »
sent you an email request - so I can share a short video

Offline Geoffrey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2019, 09:47:03 PM »
Thanks llegrand!

Hello everyone else.
llegrand sent me a video clip of him testing my site on his own computer. That was a very kind and generous thing for him to do!

The problem did not occur in the video at all, even though he was clicking thumbnails as fast as they appeared.

I live in a rural area. My ISP is a pretty slow DSL.  The "problem" I discovered today is something that will only happen if a user is clicking thumbs as fast as possible at pageload, from a slow connection.

So it's not a problem at all. 

My site is working perfectly.

However, I still get hundreds of
App error: Cannot get image size of file /root/resources/100418. File not found or it's not an image! in /root/core/helper/utils.php on line 1154
every day.

I would like to learn what is causing that and how to fix it.

Thanks!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2019, 01:19:51 AM »
Hi.
Did you check your resources? Errors like that occur if some records in your database but no image file or file not readable due to permissions

Offline Geoffrey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2019, 07:28:38 PM »
I did a broken link search with Xenu. This did not find any problems.

I looked in the /root/resources directory: there are no images in that directory, only sub-directories. The /root/resources/image/18/ directory contains my resource library, but the image files are all named 1.jpg, 2.jpg, etc. There are no thumbnail-name images in this directory.

I looked in the /root/image/thumbnails/18/ directory: this contains my thumbnail resource library. Each filename has a "100xxx" number like 100418. 

In this thumbnail library, one live product has image thumbnail filenames 100414, 100415, 100416, and 100417.
In the same folder, a different product (sold out and turned off) has image thumbnail filenames 100419 - 100425.

Neither of these products is missing an image.

The 100418 thumbnail image series does not exist.

Something in the code is calling for a thumbnail image with 100418 in the image filename, but that image does not exist, is not needed, and is not missing from a product family.

How can I find out why AC is calling for this image? 

The error code is for the same thumbnail number over and over: 100418.

Thx.