Author Topic: Help with upgrade from 1.1.4 to 1.1.5  (Read 12855 times)

surknight

Help with upgrade from 1.1.4 to 1.1.5
« on: June 05, 2013, 04:01:51 AM »
Automatic upgrade via the link in the upgrade message didn't work, so I downloaded the abantecart_1.1.5_upgrade_only package and unarchived it with 7zip. Where do I put it now so that the package installer can find it? I already tried it in the abantecart root directory (same directory as public_html), the download directory, and the extensions directory. Thanks.

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
Re: Help with upgrade from 1.1.4 to 1.1.5
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 10:19:43 AM »
Automatic upgrade via the link in the upgrade message didn't work, so I downloaded the abantecart_1.1.5_upgrade_only package and unarchived it with 7zip. Where do I put it now so that the package installer can find it? I already tried it in the abantecart root directory (same directory as public_html), the download directory, and the extensions directory. Thanks.

go to menu Extensions->install extensions tab network install    and put key      abantecart_upgrade_115
Do not forget do full backup of your site before upgrade !
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

surknight

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 04:33:06 PM »
Backup didn't work. Error in log is

"2013-06-05 22:01:03 - error:  AbanteCart core v.1.1.4 Class 'Atargz' not found in C:\xampp\htdocs\abantecart_surknight\public_html\core\lib\backup.php on line 217"

Installation is on localhost, Windows Vista 64bit. Is there a way to do a backup manually?

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 06:48:26 AM »
Installation is on localhost, Windows Vista 64bit. Is there a way to do a backup manually?

yes. copy site files and do mysql dump of your database.
― Charles Dickens

surknight

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2013, 05:39:50 AM »
I actually got the install link to work partway by editing php.ini (set short_open_tags to on and changed the max_execution_time to 60), but now it's asking me for ftp access? Here's the message:

"Warning: Directory with extensions does not have write permission.
You can change this right or
use ftp-access to server for installing package (usually hosting provider sends it via email)"

I've tried giving write and modify permission to the public_html/extensions/ folder for Users (the only group that didn't have write and modify access), but it's still giving this same warning. This is a localhost installation using xampp, so what should I do to get past this and have the upgrade finish? Thanks.

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 04:01:10 AM »
so what should I do to get past this and have the upgrade finish? Thanks.

set permissions for all files  to 700 except .htaccess, php.ini and index.php.
If ftp mode still enabled push cancel button and try again.
I don't see another way to run upgrade script. "manual" mode is terrible:)
what os is on server windows or unix?
― Charles Dickens

surknight

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 05:28:59 AM »
It's localhost on a windows vista desktop. Would that be all files in all folders, or just specific ones? I tried setting permissions on the public_html folder to 'full control', which should have worked on all subfolders and files, but I kept getting access denied errors on a lot of files.

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 05:52:47 AM »
...damn windows.. probably error related to xammp on this os. who knows ??? try to google it
p.s What about linux? 
i use it on my localhost and have no any problems.
ubuntu + apache + php + mysql + phpstorm ide
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 08:37:03 AM by abantecart »
― Charles Dickens

surknight

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 03:34:54 AM »
I'd rather not have to set up a dual boot if I don't have to, but I'll keep it in mind.

Didn't get anywhere googling the error. Decided to try the ftp approach using the Filezilla that came with Xampp and created an anonymous user. Got a new screen after entering the credentials, which I've screencapped and attached. I'm assuming that's supposed to be a TOS screen which isn't showing quite right. After clicking the 'Agree' button, I got dumped back to the network install screen with no onscreen errors. There were some errors in the system error log though:

2013-06-11 8:01:23 - warning:  AbanteCart core v.1.1.4 copy(C:/xampp/htdocs/abantecart_mantismoon/public_html/admin/controller/responses/listing_grid/customer_transaction.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in C:\xampp\htdocs\abantecart_mantismoon\public_html\core\lib\backup.php on line 189
2013-06-11 8:01:23 - Error: Can't move file C:/xampp/htdocs/abantecart_mantismoon/public_html/admin/controller/responses/listing_grid/customer_transaction.php into C:/xampp/htdocs/abantecart_mantismoon/public_html/admin/system/backup/abantecart_1.1.4_2013-06-11-08-01-21/code/admin/controller/responses/listing_grid/during backup.

There was also a critical message about a backup error which more or less echoes the log entries above.

I've also attached the Filezilla log. The anonymous user's home directory is set to c:\xampp\htdocs\ with all the permission boxes checked (read, write, +subdirs, etc), but FZ appears to be looking for directories in the wrong place (unless I'm just reading the log wrong).

I also took a look in the install/Upgrade History, and it appears that the upgrade to 1.1.5 was partially successful as there are a number of upgrade type entries concerning version 1.1.5 core files and at least two backups completed by the package installer.

I'm thinking there's nothing seriously wrong, it's probably just a wrong setting somewhere?

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 04:03:24 AM »
regarding dual boot. You do not have to. You can to create bootable usb-flash drive and tune all what you need there, i mean l.a.m.p..
But agreed to create a testcase for the OS, which differs from the OS of hosting provider it at least strange.
Windows is bad os for realtime tasks, especially vista.

could you try to set your document_root directory(root of webserver) as home directory for ftp user ?
We tune ftp mode for common cases, by another words, for hosting providers. As i see in filezilla log abantecart try to find your document root directory bu ftp-search and not found directory that  needed.

regarding backup error. it's automatic backup before upgrade but if user do full backup manually it's not needed. You can igrore.
― Charles Dickens

surknight

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2013, 06:25:06 PM »
The home directory for the anonymous user in FileZilla is the document_root for xampp (C:\xampp\htdocs). I looked in both php.ini and httpd.conf and that's what it is in both.

surknight

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2013, 12:04:46 AM »
Added c:\xampp\htdocs\abantecart_mantismoon\public_html with an alias of /public_html to the shared directories for the anonymous user and that apparently made it possible for abantecart upgrade to find some of the directories. Do I need to add the directories it couldn't find to the shared directories for the anonymous user?

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2013, 06:14:32 AM »
yes. your c:\xampp\htdocs\abantecart_mantismoon\public_html is document root directory of web-server.
When you enable ftp for upgrading abantecart will try to find it. It's also looking for directories with those names like htdocs, www, public_html
― Charles Dickens

surknight

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2013, 09:01:51 PM »
Ok, couldn't get it to work so I decided to do the manual upgrade (copy core files and run upgrade.sql on the database in PHPMyAdmin) but now I'm getting this error if I try to load either the admin page or the storefront:

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'C:/xampp/htdocs/abantecart_mantismoon/public_html/core/lib/file.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\abantecart_mantismoon\public_html\core\init.php on line 234

Line 234 of init.php looks like this:

require_once(DIR_CORE . 'lib/file.php');

I did find include_path = ".;C:\xampp\php\PEAR" in the php.ini in the c:/xampp/php folder. Do I have to copy it anywhere else?