Author Topic: cannot login to admin :/  (Read 12289 times)

Offline daza2304

• View Profile
cannot login to admin :/
« on: June 05, 2013, 04:06:57 AM »
Hi all i was hoping someone could help me out, i have a fresh install of abantecart 1.1.5, when i try login to my admin area nothing happens, the page loads but im directed back to login, i can sometimes get in but when i click anything in the admin section i get kicked out to login again, any ideas?, the install is on a sub domain not sure if that makes any difference, oh and i dont have ssl enabled.

Thanks

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
Re: cannot login to admin :/
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 10:15:20 AM »
Hi all i was hoping someone could help me out, i have a fresh install of abantecart 1.1.5, when i try login to my admin area nothing happens, the page loads but im directed back to login, i can sometimes get in but when i click anything in the admin section i get kicked out to login again, any ideas?, the install is on a sub domain not sure if that makes any difference, oh and i dont have ssl enabled.

Thanks
what OS? unix or windows? what is in system/logs/error.txt file?
Did you tried to purge system/config.php and reinstall cart?
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline daza2304

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 01:49:34 AM »
hi its linux hosting, i just done a toal reinstall and still the same problem, i do remember having this type of issue with opencart and got it resolved with the htaccess file but i cannot remember what it was, i just managed to login again and got kicked out when i choose anything from the admin menu...

2013-06-06 5:17:13 - warning:  AbanteCart core v.1.0 mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 110 in <b>/var/sites/t/blah blah/public_html/core/database/mysql.php</b> on line <b>28</b>
2013-06-06 5:17:13 - database error:  AbanteCart core v.1.0 Error: Could not make a database connection using DB_USERNAME@DB_HOSTNAME in <b>/var/sites/t/blah blah/public_html/core/database/mysql.php</b> on line <b>29</b>

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 04:44:45 AM »
hi its linux hosting, i just done a toal reinstall and still the same problem, i do remember having this type of issue with opencart and got it resolved with the htaccess file but i cannot remember what it was, i just managed to login again and got kicked out when i choose anything from the admin menu...

2013-06-06 5:17:13 - warning:  AbanteCart core v.1.0 mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 110 in <b>/var/sites/t/blah blah/public_html/core/database/mysql.php</b> on line <b>28</b>
2013-06-06 5:17:13 - database error:  AbanteCart core v.1.0 Error: Could not make a database connection using DB_USERNAME@DB_HOSTNAME in <b>/var/sites/t/blah blah/public_html/core/database/mysql.php</b> on line <b>29</b>

hmm... check your mysql users in hosting provider's cpanel + remember about host of that user, i guess it's mysql issue, not Abantecart.
also, probably, hard disk of server failing... try to connect with hosting provider support... it's absolutely abnormal behavior of server.
― Charles Dickens

Offline daza2304

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 09:24:46 AM »
ok i have contacted my hosting company, they have been working on it all morning, they say its a problem with AbanteCart

From what I can see, your configurations are all fine, and there's no reason it shouldn't be working.

Since this is just testing, could I recommend you try from fresh just to be sure?

Kind Regards,

Bruce

i am letting them do a install of it see if its a problem my end.

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 09:40:06 AM »
could you send me login-pass for your cpanel via private mesage?
― Charles Dickens

Offline daza2304

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 06:18:18 AM »
problem solved, same problem as opencart, added session.save_path = /tmp/php_sessions; to php.ini :), thanks

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2013, 07:34:02 AM »
ok..but we can't to know where session files must be stored.... it's a hosting provider's oddity.

Also be careful with session and check again.
Abantecart use 2 different session for storefront and ControlPanel.
Also you can test "login as customer" from ControlPanel, customer edit form.  (button "Act on behalf of")
― Charles Dickens

Offline visnja

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2016, 03:49:55 AM »
HI,
I have the same problem. Can you post solutions to solve this problem.
Thanks.
cheRRy

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2017, 03:38:47 AM »
First thing you need to do if unable login into admin is clear browser cache and cookies
Check also login troubleshooting tips
http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/tips/troubleshooting.html#admin