Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Extension not getting installed  (Read 2503 times)

Offline Sam_78

• View Profile
Extension not getting installed
« on: December 03, 2019, 05:52:13 PM »
Hello I have downloaded https://marketplace.abantecart.com/avatax_integration?keyword=ava&category_id=0 and it shows it was developed by AbanteCart
I have downloaded it but I am not able to install it when I copy paste the folder in extension folder and go to my admin -> extension I don't see it there. I tried to install it by uploading .tar.gz file and then when I try to install it - it throws this error
2019-12-04 4:17:58 - warning: AbanteCart core v.1.2.11 unlink(C:/xampp/htdocs/folder/admin/system/backup/avatax_integration_2019-12-04-04-17-34.tar): Permission denied in <b>C:\xampp\htdocs\folder\core\helper\utils.php</b> on line <b>768</b>
2019-12-04 4:17:59 - App Error: AbanteCart core v.1.2.11 in C:\xampp\htdocs\folder\core\lib\package_manager.php on line 641

I see two files being copied in admin\system\backup folder one is .tar and another one is .tar.gz  no other error in error log just this two

Any solution ??

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Extension not getting installed
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 01:11:01 AM »
Hello.
If you upgrade AbanteCart to the latest version you will find it is already in Extensions > All Extensions.

To install manually - download the tar.gz archive then unarchive it. You will get .tar then unarchive again to get regular folders and files.
Move the /Downloads/ac_avatax_integration_v1.0/code/extensions/avatax_integration/ folder to the servers /where_abantecart_installed/extensions/ directory via FTP.
Now you should see Avatax in Extensions > All Extensions.

Some web hosting set incorrect permissions for files uploaded by FTP so you may need to adjust permission.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 12:46:37 AM by Basara »

Offline Sam_78

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 09:19:30 AM »
Hi I exactly did this but I am getting errors as mentioned above. I can not update to latest version as I have lots of custom coding in my version and I am working locally as of now.
Please look at the errors I have mentioned above.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2019, 12:48:01 AM »
If you did not see it after correct folder moved to server you have to set working permissions for uploaded folder and files (try 755 or 775 for folders and 644 for files)