Author Topic: Sending mail fails and says Authorize to Access  (Read 2440 times)

Offline Duane Smith

• View Profile
Sending mail fails and says Authorize to Access
« on: December 18, 2019, 03:12:07 PM »
Hi,

I just set up AbanteCart and was trying to get everything functioning.  I attempted to send an email from the Sales section, and it says it failed and 0 messages sent.

Complete error is "Step 1 - failed. (Connection error occurred. (Authorize to access.))"

I've looked everywhere I can think of, and can't find anything resembling authorizing to access.  This happened with setup being both mail and SMTP.

Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thank you,
Duane Smith

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Sending mail fails and says Authorize to Access
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 12:52:56 AM »
Hello.
Do you have any related errors in the AbanteCart error log?

Offline Duane Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2019, 12:59:46 AM »
There was nothing in the error logs, but I think I figured out the problem about the same time I got the notice of your answer.

I had generated a random API key, and it contained special characters.  After looking at the code in the cart to see what actually throws that particular area, I figured out where to go to look. I changed the API key to remove any special characters and it seems to at least think it is sending.

I'm now fighting with the fact that there was no MX record in my DNS setup for some reason, so I can't send still, but at least I believe the issue is no longer in the cart software.

Thank you for the reply.

Duane

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2019, 08:44:05 AM »
Thank you, Duane for the update