Author Topic: Delete/edit Order Status  (Read 3110 times)

Offline HADY

• View Profile
Delete/edit Order Status
« on: March 27, 2020, 07:42:25 AM »
Hi!
I searched too much about this kind of posts but couldn't find anything which could help me. Sometimes we do a mistakes in order statuses, this is makes some troubles for us and for clients when they see some statuses which not existing. Is there any way to edit the order status or to delete it?
Thank you In Advanced
Regards
HADY

Offline llegrand

• View Profile

Offline HADY

• View Profile
Re: Delete/edit Order Status
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 10:20:50 AM »
yes

https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/10944672/Status+Comments

Thanks for commenting, but i am looking for deleting or editing the already sent status.
Thank you In Advanced
Regards
HADY

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 01:55:09 PM »
From a true business prespective -  for what occurred to an order -  it is usual for the trail to be updated to a condition rather than some process deleted or edited.
that is why the cart  has the process of status condition updating.

You can comment in as to the reason why you have changed a condition so both you,  the customer, and perhaps any revenue governmental agency auditing your sales  will know what a condition was changed -

You also have the option to NOT send the new status to the customer  but only maintain it in the order status details within the account.  The customer would see it if they opened their order status,  but they do not get an email notification.

I am speaking only from the normal GAAP   ( Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)  used by most entities around the world for how financial matters are handled and customer orders are indeed a financial  transaction.

Cheers

Offline HADY

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 09:13:19 AM »
From a true business prespective -  for what occurred to an order -  it is usual for the trail to be updated to a condition rather than some process deleted or edited.
that is why the cart  has the process of status condition updating.

You can comment in as to the reason why you have changed a condition so both you,  the customer, and perhaps any revenue governmental agency auditing your sales  will know what a condition was changed -

You also have the option to NOT send the new status to the customer  but only maintain it in the order status details within the account.  The customer would see it if they opened their order status,  but they do not get an email notification.

I am speaking only from the normal GAAP   ( Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)  used by most entities around the world for how financial matters are handled and customer orders are indeed a financial  transaction.

Cheers

sometime clients would like to add new items to the order after requiring specific amount of money to be transferred to bank, in the comments we are writing that we are requiring (next total) to be transferred to bank. So we should remove the old order status just to be sure that client will not be confused.
Thank you In Advanced
Regards
HADY