Author Topic: Downloadable Product showing unavailable  (Read 2438 times)

Offline Bradley Potts

• View Profile
Downloadable Product showing unavailable
« on: April 21, 2020, 02:07:32 AM »
I added a product and added the file which is the product, but when the product is purchased it appears in the customers downloads as unavailable.  I've tried a number of setting combinations, so I'm not sure the issue.

Currently...

The file is identified by a share path to OneDrive.  Anyone with the link should have rights to download.
Status Enabled
Tried Shared Download both ways, on and off  Not clear to me what this setting does.
Have tried Activated for the Pending status, which the order goes into after payment, also tried the Immediately setting.

Not sure what I'm missing.  It's a large file, so I have to use the Onedrive link, AbanteCart can't upload it.  It does display correctly when I test it though in the Resource Library.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Downloadable Product showing unavailable
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 05:47:54 AM »
Hello.
AbanteCart have no limitation for file size. You should check your server settings

Offline Bradley Potts

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 09:00:03 AM »
Well, that helps some.

I was able to post a MUCH smaller file and get that to work.  I posted a text file with the same OneDrive link as the original download.

Do the links not work?  Can that be fixed?  I think I've tried to change the size limit on the server before without success, but I can try again.

My biggest one is 143 MB.

What does the "Shared Download" switch do?  Does that need to be on?

Offline Bradley Potts

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 10:59:00 AM »
I went back to my hosting service and we tried to raise limits.  They raised their limits.  We searched through AbanteCart and raised the limits there in the php.ini all to 256 MB, but I still cannot upload anything more than about a MB. 

I understand that it possible to manually upload the files via FTP to [store URL]/resources/download/18/6a and then use that.  How do I tell AbanteCart to add a file I've manually uploaded to the Resource Library.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 01:27:33 AM »
Hi. Check this 3rd party tool http://marketplace.abantecart.com/auto_downloads

To increase limits check first Resource Library Upload Max File Size in the System → Settings → System
https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/7602266/RL+Upload+Max+File+Size

Then you should check what is real limit values set by your hosting. Go to System → Settings → System and click PHP Info button at the top https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/7667770/PHP+Info
in the page you see search for post_max_size and upload_max_filesize values.

Offline Bradley Potts

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2020, 07:58:21 PM »
All the settings were at elevated sizes.  The report returned a limit of 128MB and 512MB, but I still cannot upload files of any significant size.  It appears to cut me off at about 1MB despite all these changes.  The extension did work for me, but shouldn't be necessary.