Author Topic: Email Support  (Read 2781 times)

Offline David Veganhauser

• View Profile
Email Support
« on: April 29, 2020, 09:58:21 AM »
I have searched the messages (the most recent reply I found on the topic is from 2016. Maybe I looked wrong I do not know, but I did search

The email configuration is not working for me.

I set up the mail server just as it is supposed to be set up.
You will note my port is listed as 26, this is what it is listed under on my host. But, I have also tried 25.

I do not have SSL (yet) on mail.xxxxxxxx.com which is why this is not set up as SSL. The site is SSL, but I need a separate cert for that - not relavent i know

I should also point out, inside the console I do get the message alert, just not in email.

Questions:
1. By setting up the mail server, it should enable sending mail messages, correct?
2. Does it automatically send an email to the sender? If yes, does it use the same mail server or does it have a separate mail connection somewhere else?
3. What am I doing wrong? I have also added the email to the Additional Alert E-Mails: section in a presumption that it will send emails there as well.

All I want is when someone fills out a form that the email goes to my business email address. I am not looking to solve the split of an atom. Sorry for the sarcasm, but to spend this many hours on something so basic is annoying and now I am annoyed :(

Thank you kindly for your responses in advance

Offline HADY

• View Profile
Re: Email Support
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 04:52:48 AM »
I have searched the messages (the most recent reply I found on the topic is from 2016. Maybe I looked wrong I do not know, but I did search

The email configuration is not working for me.

I set up the mail server just as it is supposed to be set up.
You will note my port is listed as 26, this is what it is listed under on my host. But, I have also tried 25.

I do not have SSL (yet) on mail.xxxxxxxx.com which is why this is not set up as SSL. The site is SSL, but I need a separate cert for that - not relavent i know

I should also point out, inside the console I do get the message alert, just not in email.

Questions:
1. By setting up the mail server, it should enable sending mail messages, correct?
2. Does it automatically send an email to the sender? If yes, does it use the same mail server or does it have a separate mail connection somewhere else?
3. What am I doing wrong? I have also added the email to the Additional Alert E-Mails: section in a presumption that it will send emails there as well.

All I want is when someone fills out a form that the email goes to my business email address. I am not looking to solve the split of an atom. Sorry for the sarcasm, but to spend this many hours on something so basic is annoying and now I am annoyed :(

Thank you kindly for your responses in advance

Nothing new in this part of configuration since 2016. However, go to Google and search for SMTP GMAIL, OR VISIT NEXT LINK:

https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/7372837/Mail+Settings#MailSettings-ExampleofGmailSMTP
Thank you In Advanced
Regards
HADY

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Email Support
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 01:44:03 AM »
Ask you hosting support for mail server abilities and configuration guides