Author Topic: option for customer to upload pictures  (Read 6465 times)

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
option for customer to upload pictures
« on: June 15, 2013, 01:05:55 PM »
You stated that in version 1.1.5 there will be a way for my customers to upload a picture to me with their order. I am very confused on where I find this. Is this an extension that I need to purchase? Is it code I need to add? Do I have to change to the default HTML5 template (Which I would rather not do at this time, but will if I have to).  I have version 1.1.5 but am still using default template. Thanks in advance.
To send light into the darkness of men's hearts - such is the duty of the artist.  ~Schumann

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: option for customer to upload pictures
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 05:59:01 PM »
You right, we probably need to be more clear. I hope we will get help with documentation soon.

There is a file type in Global Attributes that can be added to product option in default installation.

If you need to add file type to Customer registration or to order step, there are 2 extensions available in Extension Store: Customer Attributes and Order Attributes
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 06:43:24 PM »
Thank you so much for the clarification. I did find the correct global attribute to add to products, but I am wondering, it does not require an upload directory. If I do not set one, will the picture they upload with the product come to me with their order? I guess I am wondering where the picture ends up so that I am able to work with it for their order.
To send light into the darkness of men's hearts - such is the duty of the artist.  ~Schumann

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 04:09:43 PM »
File uploaded to the directory that you specified in global attributes will be set to unique name and you will be able to see this file in order section.

There is a bug that we are fixing in this section for v1.1.6 :(
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 01:21:13 PM »
Before upgrading to 1.1.6 I removed the global attribute I had set up for file uploads. I went to add it again after upgrading and then tried to test it. No matter what file size I try to upload (tried one that was 54kb) it gives error that the max is 2Mb. the file I am testing is a .jpg and I have tried setting for *.jpg and also tried .jpg and also tried jpg but all of them give an error saying the file type I am uploading is not correct. Please see attachments

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2013, 07:40:47 PM »
I have found that if I do not set up any extensions, min file size, max file size or upload directory, then hit add to cart, it seems to add the file I am testing to the cart screen without any errors. But I do not believe this is how it is supposed to be set up, or you would not have these options available under the file type of global attribute.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 11:17:34 AM »
File uploads is very new and I see that we can improve it more in the future. You suggestions and feed back if very valuable.