Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Adding products  (Read 3481 times)

Offline Avraham Isaacs

• View Profile
Adding products
« on: May 28, 2020, 08:57:13 AM »
I am a new user to abantecart and I am having a very difficult time understanding how to add products and from whom do I add products from. I own another ecommerce website and I know exactly what I'm adding and where I got my products from but in abantecart I am running in to a wall. Any helpful insight would be greatly appreciated. I should note that even with the video and file instructions abantecart has provided me, it still leaves me scratching my head.
 Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 11:11:37 PM by Avraham Isaacs »

Offline Avraham Isaacs

• View Profile
Re: Please I'm having problems knowing how to add new products
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 11:13:20 PM »
I am a new user to abantecart and I am having a very difficult time understanding how to add products and from whom do I add products from. I own another ecommerce website and I know exactly what I'm adding and where I got my products from but in abantecart I am running in to a wall. Any helpful insight would be greatly appreciated. I should note that even with the video and file instructions abantecart has provided me, it still leaves me scratching my head.
 Thanks in advance.

Offline maxter

• View Profile
Re: Adding products
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 08:43:30 AM »
Welcome to Abantecart!
Even videos and docs do not help? What seems to be a problem?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 08:49:30 AM »
Hello.
To add products go to your AbanteCart Admin → Catalog → Products and click the + button at the top
https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/5439500/List+Products

Offline Avraham Isaacs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 03:11:24 PM »
Thank you for the replies. I already know how to add products  going to products/catalog/+ but thats to add my own products right? I don't have products of my own i want to know where to get products from and add it to the store. Different products for different categories i want to create. Like toys, drones etc you understand what I'm trying to say now? Where do I get products from to add it to the store?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 03:14:09 PM by Avraham Isaacs »

Offline maxter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2020, 03:17:44 PM »
First, let me say that you might be banned for spamming forum with duplicate posts.
Second, your question is confusing.

Do you need dropshippers? How does anyone know what product you are looking for?

Offline Avraham Isaacs

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2020, 04:10:27 PM »
Forgive my ignorance.. i wasn't aware I was spamming. I was just trying to be heard. I won't continue to post duplicate questions.

However yes yes yes I do need drop shippers. Thsts actually what I was trying to transmit in my question. Where do I find drop shippers for my site and how do I integrate them too start adding products?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 04:23:46 PM by Avraham Isaacs »

Offline maxter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2020, 09:42:50 PM »
You are not clarifying what products you need. There are so many drop shippers out there virtually for any product line.
Most of the drop shippers offer spreadsheets with products.
You can modify spreadsheet and load products with Abantecart product import.

Offline Avraham Isaacs

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2020, 03:48:36 AM »
Thank you so very much for your response. I was stuck in a perpetual loop 😆.  As for what products I want to add, I will have to say as much as I can. Like different categories of products cause my newly installed abantecart has very limited amount of categories and products. I just found a very promising dropshipper. I'm very excited to see where my business is going to take me.