Author Topic: Technical Question: Abantecart shop page does not show changes made in style.css  (Read 2279 times)

Offline stephanie

• View Profile
Hi all,
I have a technical question, not sure where to post this. Please let me know if this is better posted elsewhere.

I installed AbanteCart Cart manually by uploading the files with FTP software FileZilla, and accessed the style.css file for the home page with the FTP software. I tried downloading the style.css file to my computer, but it would not work, so I right-click then opened the file and save as'ed onto my computer, edited it, then re-uploaded it. However, the changes do not show in the page. I know I am changing the right parts of the CSS because I did the same thin using the browser's developer tools and it worked.

Please help
Stephanie

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello.
You should clear the browser cache every time you edit CSS files.

Offline LizzieGim

• View Profile
If you're viewing your site with Safari on a Mac, I've found you can hard refresh the page with ALT + CMD + R to see the CSS changes, rather than clearing the cache.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
To clarify, both operations are clearing the cache but in different places.

1. ALT + CMD + R  in the browser clears browser only cache and needed in case of CSS or JS changes.
2. There is a server side cache clear operation.  You need to clear cache there mostly if you edit database directly.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help