Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Abantecart v1.2.16 - all countries available for guest checkout and registration  (Read 2562 times)

Offline LizzieGim

• View Profile
Hi again, another problem as I'm getting ready to launch.. Hopefully this is the last one.

I've set my store location as the UK, and the UK zones are set and working for the tax calculation and shipping etc all is good there. I've spent quite a while going through the countries list and turning status to OFF for all countries except UK, because only want to sell in the UK at the start. The problem is at guest checkout or user registration, all countries are available in the dropdown to choose.?  Have I missed something here?
Sure the checkout won't proceed because it fails to find a shipping option BUT it shouldn't have the countries on the dropdown.
Please don't tell me I need to turn off all the Zones in all the countries because there are 3000+ of those and there's no easy way to turn all off as far as I can see....   
If I need to delete the other countries, what's the point of having an Status OFF ?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The problem is at guest checkout or user registration, all countries are available in the dropdown to choose.?  Have I missed something here?

Hello. You need to clear AbanteCart cache and disabled countries will not show up. No need to disable countries zones

Offline LizzieGim

• View Profile
Perfect that's solved my problem.

For anyone else all it took was to clear the Localisations cache.