Author Topic: Mysterious file names in manual upgrade  (Read 5971 times)

Offline featurespoon

• View Profile
Mysterious file names in manual upgrade
« on: July 08, 2020, 12:47:54 PM »
I am trying to do a manual upgrade from 1.2.9 to 1.2.10 which I am doing with an off-line clone before installing on the website, as recommended. This I am doing on Windows with Mysql and IIS installed with PHP, so I have the right environment.  One of the steps is to copy new files to replace old ones and add new ones.  Some of the new ones have strange names, but when you look inside them, they are just php files.  For example guest_step_1.tpl0000664 or in the extension default-pp_express entensi0000644  There must be some tool which converts these to proper php (or tpl) files, but simply copying won't do it.  What am I missing? 

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline featurespoon

• View Profile
Re: Mysterious file names in manual upgrade
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 05:58:05 AM »
From Google Drive, as it said in the website on manual upgrades.   
https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/5275676/Upgrade+manually
I think this page needs updating.
Thanks, I now know what I have to do.

Offline featurespoon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 06:14:07 AM »
I have now downloaded update_only for 1.2.10 from github as you advised, but I find the tar.gz archive also contains files with these strange names.  For example for storefront/view/default/template/responses/checkout has cart_details0000644.
What do you suggest?

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2020, 11:23:01 AM »
Perhaps it is how you are trying to do this on your local machine.

Have you tried one of the local emulators on your PC?  See this page for more info.
https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/4227119/Localhost+Installation

Additionally -  if your cPanel  has Softaculous -  you can use to your advantage - as it has a great cloning/staging feature.

at WHY2  we are currently building a information hub -  there you can refer to these docs for more info :

https://why2central.net/knowledgebase/clone/
https://why2central.net/knowledgebase/staging/

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2020, 01:09:00 AM »
I have now downloaded update_only for 1.2.10 from github as you advised, but I find the tar.gz archive also contains files with these strange names.  For example for storefront/view/default/template/responses/checkout has cart_details0000644.
What do you suggest?

You have to change the FTP software or try another file manager. Upgrade package do not have such files

Offline featurespoon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2020, 06:02:47 PM »
I've found the problem. As you said it was the file manager I used to decompress the update_only archive. I had used 'filzip'.  DO NOT USE this program. When I went back to good-old tar run in msys/mingw., the uncompressed files showed none of these strange names. Upgrades are now going like clockwork for me.  Thanks for your help.

Offline featurespoon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2020, 05:49:31 AM »
Thank you, llegrand for your advice about the clone facility in Softaculous.  That was brilliant!  You really need this facility for testing an updated Abantecart website before going live.  It was not quite trouble-free. The database copy was for version 1.2.9, but I'm now on 1.2.16, so system/config.php had to be updated, but really the cloning was almost perfect.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 05:55:37 AM by featurespoon »